UPS truck robbed at gunpoint, thieves get away with several packages in Akron

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS truck robbed at gunpoint, thieves get away with several packages in Akron - WKYC

The three suspects were seen driving away in a small silver car.

The Akron Police Department is searching for the suspects who robbed a UPS truck of packages on Tuesday afternoon.

According to police, the robbery happened at around 4:45 p.m. in the 500 block of Eva Avenue. Two suspects approached a United Parcel Service (UPS) driver and ordered the man to leave the truck at gunpoint.

rod

Retired 22 years
I bet that driver was pissed---they waited until almost 5 p.m. to order him to leave. Just when he is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Why couldn't they do it a half hour after he had left the building in the morning?

Indecisi0n

I bet that driver was pissed---they waited until almost 5 p.m. to order him to leave. Just when he is beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Why couldn't they do it a half hour after he had left the building in the morning?
You been out the game for a while pops, at 5pm there still isn't any light yet.

JJinVA

I read the article the other day and it says "its unclear how many packages they got away with". Im gonna guess zero unless the bulkhead was already open, but if the truck was already started Im assuming the door was closed. Unless the driver opened it for them w the fob because chances are they dont know how to open the bulkhead from the dash lol. Just banging on the door trying to get it to open and bailed more than likely