UPS workers' Calif. class action alleges bias against women

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
UPS workers' Calif. class action alleges bias against women - Reuters

United Parcel Service Inc is facing a $250 million proposed class action accusing the package delivery giant of systemic bias against "outwardly feminine" and older female workers.

Three women who work at a UPS hub in Oakland filed a complaint in California federal court on Wednesday claiming female employees are routinely assigned dead-end jobs, leading to lower pay and fewer opportunities for advancement than male coworkers.

Those issues are compounded for women 40 and older, who are given fewer hours and job duties and supervised more closely than younger male employees, the plaintiffs said.

UPS lacks effective procedures for filing complaints or enforcing its anti-discrimination policies, and disparities between men and women are ignored by the company's male-dominated senior management, according to the complaint.

meritocracy

I read through the complaint. Sounds legit to me. Supervisors refusing to respect seniority, making decisions based on their sexual preferences, and over-supervising and intimidating seniority employees and employees with injuries/disabilities.

wilberforce15

I read through the complaint. Sounds legit to me. Supervisors refusing to respect seniority, making decisions based on their sexual preferences, and over-supervising and intimidating seniority employees and employees with injuries/disabilities.
It's easy to write stuff that sounds legit.

None of it happened.

TheOCbaby

Is this article just a sick attempt at sarcasm or something? If anything, men should be getting a multi-billion dollar payout for systemic bias at UPS. Females comprise just a small fraction of the labor at UPS, but they are WAYYYY overrepresented in management. This allegation couldn't be anymore bassackwards. Anyone who works at UPS knows that it is controlled by the sisterhood cabal. The only part of that lawsuit with even a tinge of truth to it is the fact that straight women are not promoted nearly as fast as the lesbians.

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
UPS lacks effective procedures for filing complaints or enforcing its anti-discrimination policies, and disparities between men and women are ignored by the company's male-dominated senior management, according to the complaint.
Umm, just maybe they should be aware that the CEO identifies as a female...lmao