UPS Worldport in Louisville is looking to hire more people with disabilities.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
When you kneel does it hurt..or when it's cold does it bother you?
The doc told me to avoid kneeling if at all possible. Also, twisting is a bad thing and I should avoid high impact activities. Extreme cold makes them feel stiff like I should squirt some WD40 in there. I have some limitations but if I follow proper work and safety methods I should be okay.

turdbrown

Well Dave a few years ago a loader got hurt. Went through rehab couldn't return to loading full duty. Cant carry boxes over 30lbs above shoulder. UPS said if you cant work full duty. Then you have to leave. At the time they're was a carwasher job available didn't even offer the carwasher job to employee. Just sent injuried employee away with a settlement.

Now they purposely looking for employees with physical limitations. IMO if off the street hire is already limited physically UPS can find a job for you. If current UPSers gets hurt and becomes physically limited. UPS cant find a job you. Emplyoee has to leave.
they can make positions for outsiders, but not their current employees? Why not? Shows they don't care! Use you up and spit you out!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
The doc told me to avoid kneeling if at all possible. Also, twisting is a bad thing and I should avoid high impact activities. Extreme cold makes them feel stiff like I should squirt some WD40 in there. I have some limitations but if I follow proper work and safety methods I should be okay.
I don't know how many steps the average driver climbs a day but it adds up fast...just the 6 steps for each stop in and out of the car will jack up your knees...ups knows this but of course won't do anything about it except to keep telling us to grab the rail...look at many of the drivers who are getting in and out of the car, most will reach for the rail but many won't let the grip take any pressure off their knees. .it's all just for show.

ChickenLegs

Safety Expert
I don't know how many steps the average driver climbs a day but it adds up fast...just the 6 steps for each stop in and out of the car will jack up your knees...ups knows this but of course won't do anything about it except to keep telling us to grab the rail...look at many of the drivers who are getting in and out of the car, most will reach for the rail but many won't let the grip take any pressure off their knees. .it's all just for show.
It's to prevent a slip/fall.