Vacation picks

brownboxman

Lots of different strategies for vaca. I take the 6 from April thru Oct, one week at a time occasionally hooking up to a holiday but never overlapping, the time off is more important to me than the money. Plus I take my personal holidays in one week plus the opt sick day, to make another full week off when I need one, some flexability there with a slight risk of being bumped, I am no. 11 out of 70 drivers. I also like to avoid selecting time when kids are out of school, that way younger drivers have the chance to spend time with their families. I get tired of the GREED by some drivers who take every week off while the kids are off, to me it's wrong.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I take alll my vacations and spread them out as even as I can during the year. I never overlap them on a week with a holiday. I enjoy my time away from the job and take all of it. I never have worked a vacation week and don't think it is fair to the lower senior drivers who won't work if you do. Life is short enjoy your time off with family and freinds.:peaceful: