Virtual Time Study

browniehound

Why do they waste time and resources with time studies? Nothing ever changes. You can gain or lose time, but nobody is going to do anything different. Ok, so now the driver is over-allowed. So what? I've never seen anyone fired for performance. All its going to do is re-create the merry-go-round of management saying you're over-allowed, driver saying ok, management OJS with driver and getting another .4 SPORH from him, and then the driver giving it back up when management is gone. Then the management will say you did .4 per hour better with me and the driver will say well I'm not a robot and you force me to be one when your with me. There might be some warning letters or petty harassment from the manager but nothing ever becomes of it. Which makes time studies and OJS's just one big waste of time, money, and resources because nothing ever changes.

The bottom line is the packages get delivered and I believe the driver really makes the best of it with what he has to work with. And that is constant crap. Bad loads, bad dispatch, bad EDD, late leaving the building, too many airs, waiting for dock space, get sales leads, break for OCA's, bring ASD's to ground OCA's so you can wait while they fill them out, help someone with 10 stops, deliver your misloads, take someone's airs in, meet an air driver with a ground bulk stop so you can deliver them because he can't sheet ground packages because god forbid the company would have to pay him an extra $20 for the day but will screw up my day so they have to pay me an extra $46.69 in OT. And the list goes on, buy I think you get the point. As a company, how do we make any money?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just before the VTS your center team will affix a barcode to your handcart. When you get to a stop that you need to use the handcart, you scan the barcode on the handcart, load the pkgs, complete the stop, and then rescan the barcode on the handcart when you get back to the pkg car.

We, supposedly, had our VTS a couple of months ago. We never did this. It didn't make a whit of difference on my planned day either. I'm still over allowed from 050 to 100. Pretty funny that it's the same amount of time as my lunch and breaks.