Vote yes

Nitelite

Yea, sell yourself and everyone else out for 70 cent raises and a downgrade in healthcare while UPS becomes more and more profitable. Lol, yea ok.

Vote No.

Upsmule

407, great thread bud!!! I'm hosting a tutorial on voting in my building. Just bring your ballot in and I'll show everyone how to fill it out.

THIS PRACTICE WOULD BE IMPROPER. YOU CANNOT TOUCH, HANDLE, FILL OUT, or DIRECT ANYONE on how to fill out the ballot.

I would protest this action immediately to the election supervisors.

Peace

TOS

Sarcasm clearly was missed here...typical. Hahaha

balland chain

Mine arrived yesterday, voted NO on both .... Fella's read read and read..There are changes that could impact you someday... The new language regarding being injured on the job,, well that language could prevent you from getting any type of settlement if you are permanently injured on the job.. UPS is trying to save money by not having to pay settlements if you are unable to do your current job.. The new language states that they will try to accommodate you with a part time position at part time pay.. you have up to three years to go back to your old position (if available)....In other words, if you have a permanent disability and your state law allows, UPS will no longer have to buy you out...If you think " OH, I will never get injured to a point where I cant do my job." well, I thought the same thing, and here I sit, after surgery, and still not 100 %, not even, 30% of where I was prior to the injury... I have given the company 26 years of my life, and body only to potentially get screwed one final time by the company and the union for allowing such language..Take the time and read pages 4 & 5 section 3 . Also, if your planning on retiring early, well, keep in mind if your under the age of 62, with less than 30 years, you will be penalized 6 % per year. Example,, your 53, with 25 years of service, you will loose 6 % X 9.. Is that fair after your EARNED your pension ?? I do not think so... Article 37,, This language stating the company shall not retaliate if you exercise your right to grieve ,,, YEAH, right !! MGMT will find any reason " other" than the fact you filed..The language concerning electronic information, WAY TOO GRAY.... If your worried about being out of work due to a strike,, DONT,, they have plenty of time to hash out a better deal,,,UPS does not want a strike, it will cost them too much cash, and do they love their cash, as long as it is going in their pockets !

WE have continued to make this company a lot of money, from our sweat... Who has reaped the rewards, MGMT.. Read your master and supplement, and exercise your right, but please, read the information, ask questions, then do what is not only best for you, but for all...

stink219

407, great thread bud!!! I'm hosting a tutorial on voting in my building. Just bring your ballot in and I'll show everyone how to fill it out.

THIS PRACTICE WOULD BE IMPROPER. YOU CANNOT TOUCH, HANDLE, FILL OUT, or DIRECT ANYONE on how to fill out the ballot.

I would protest this action immediately to the election supervisors.

Peace

TOS
So is everyone on here out of order in directing people how to vote? You should call the election supervisor. Time how long he laughs at you.

UPSGUY72

Yea, sell yourself and everyone else out for 70 cent raises and a downgrade in healthcare while UPS becomes more and more profitable. Lol, yea ok.

Vote No.

Sorry I'm already in a Teamster run health plan. Don't pay a dime no copays as we get a credit each year to cover any. I'll take $3.90 over the life of the contract.

If your a PTimer and complain remember it's a PT job not met to live off if your a FT Driver making $32 + hr in 5 years you will be making $36 + hr for pushing car board around.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Mine arrived yesterday, voted NO on both .... Fella's read read and read..There are changes that could impact you someday... The new language regarding being injured on the job,, well that language could prevent you from getting any type of settlement if you are permanently injured on the job.. UPS is trying to save money by not having to pay settlements if you are unable to do your current job.. The new language states that they will try to accommodate you with a part time position at part time pay.. you have up to three years to go back to your old position (if available)....In other words, if you have a permanent disability and your state law allows, UPS will no longer have to buy you out...If you think " OH, I will never get injured to a point where I cant do my job." well, I thought the same thing, and here I sit, after surgery, and still not 100 %, not even, 30% of where I was prior to the injury... I have given the company 26 years of my life, and body only to potentially get screwed one final time by the company and the union for allowing such language..Take the time and read pages 4 & 5 section 3 . Also, if your planning on retiring early, well, keep in mind if your under the age of 62, with less than 30 years, you will be penalized 6 % per year. Example,, your 53, with 25 years of service, you will loose 6 % X 9.. Is that fair after your EARNED your pension ?? I do not think so... Article 37,, This language stating the company shall not retaliate if you exercise your right to grieve ,,, YEAH, right !! MGMT will find any reason " other" than the fact you filed..The language concerning electronic information, WAY TOO GRAY.... If your worried about being out of work due to a strike,, DONT,, they have plenty of time to hash out a better deal,,,UPS does not want a strike, it will cost them too much cash, and do they love their cash, as long as it is going in their pockets !

WE have continued to make this company a lot of money, from our sweat... Who has reaped the rewards, MGMT.. Read your master and supplement, and exercise your right, but please, read the information, ask questions, then do what is not only best for you, but for all...

I just looked around. Seems I've reaped a few rewards from my sweat also.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Sorry I'm already in a Teamster run health plan. Don't pay a dime no copays as we get a credit each year to cover any. I'll take $3.90 over the life of the contract.

If your a PTimer and complain remember it's a PT job not met to live off if your a FT Driver making $32 + hr in 5 years you will be making $36 + hr for pushing car board around.

Same here

Someone always throws out the starting wage is too low or its too close to minimum wage.
The contract is about the people who've been here and worked their ***** off, not for the ones filling out applications.
You put your time in, you will be rewarded. The ones that deal with the BS, and still come in everyday will have a great career, great pay, and a great life.

I do agree the hurdles have become harder and the Teamsters have given UPS more advantages to compete for FedEx's share of the market, which affect progression to FT driver status, but we need to keep UPS making money.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

I am voting NO because mainly the healthcare. Going from a UPS plan to TEAMCARE is unacceptable. (Also don't like 4 year wage progression from Pt to Ft, 9.5 language, 3 year injury and your gone, Surepost not having a maximum weight and a couple of other items) But my main gripe is the TEAMCARE. I know some of you out there have a union healthcare plan that is better than teamcare. My question is why didn't Hall fight to get us into one of those plans? This contract is going to fail because of this one issue.
The most senior driver in my center is telling everyone to vote NO. He and his wife take 9 medications together and he figures it will cost him about $400 a month under the new plan. This is BS. This is not how you take care of 35 year drivers. Not to mention what this will do for the part-timers.
If you are on a union plan that is pretty good, I urge you to vote NO for your brothers and sisters. Don't sell us out.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
couldnt have said it any better nitelite. We live in a society of selfishness where people only care about their own interests. Prime example at my center, 6 years ago we had a woman driver who had breast cancer and i ran her route while she was out doing chimo, real cool woman too. Anyway i thought being the true leader that i am who wants the rock at the end of the game unlike others, would do what i could in the kindness of my heart to help her. Alot of people on her route were asking how she was doing and i was like shes hanging in there. I told her customers that i was taking donations for her and trying to what i could to help her since she was a single mom with 2 kids at home, times were hard for her. Well to make a long story short i got 1200 in donations for her while all the other selfish jerks in my center didnt do anything for her including drivers and management. To myself i was like really dude you guys are a bunch of super selfish people. I told her sister who drove also what i did for her and she couldnt believe what i did for her out of the kindness of my heart. Her sister was in tears after she found out what i had done for her. And wouldnt you know i didnt get any type of recognition at our hub after everyone found out about it. Thats sad to say the least and i wasnt asking or expecting recognition just sad that society is like this now. Sorry if this story may not belong in this area but just thought id share the story and maybe a few people will step back for a min or 2 and take a long look in the mirror at themselves and ask themselves why they are selfish and maybe they will change their outlook or perspective on this subject.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

jump, while what you did was a very nice thing, you have to be careful when soliciting donations of any form (cash/goods/services) unless it is approved by your mgt team.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am voting NO because mainly the healthcare. Going from a UPS plan to TEAMCARE is unacceptable. (Also don't like 4 year wage progression from Pt to Ft, 9.5 language, 3 year injury and your gone, Surepost not having a maximum weight and a couple of other items) But my main gripe is the TEAMCARE. I know some of you out there have a union healthcare plan that is better than teamcare. My question is why didn't Hall fight to get us into one of those plans? This contract is going to fail because of this one issue.
The most senior driver in my center is telling everyone to vote NO. He and his wife take 9 medications together and he figures it will cost him about $400 a month under the new plan. This is BS. This is not how you take care of 35 year drivers. Not to mention what this will do for the part-timers.
If you are on a union plan that is pretty good, I urge you to vote NO for your brothers and sisters. Don't sell us out.

My out of pocket for a family of 5 is typically over 3 grand a year and I consider it excellent health insurance. I guess I didn't realize others around the country had better benefits. Frankly, I'm outraged.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
couldnt have said it any better nitelite. We live in a society of selfishness where people only care about their own interests. Prime example at my center, 6 years ago we had a woman driver who had breast cancer and i ran her route while she was out doing chimo, real cool woman too. Anyway i thought being the true leader that i am who wants the rock at the end of the game unlike others, would do what i could in the kindness of my heart to help her. Alot of people on her route were asking how she was doing and i was like shes hanging in there. I told her customers that i was taking donations for her and trying to what i could to help her since she was a single mom with 2 kids at home, times were hard for her. Well to make a long story short i got 1200 in donations for her while all the other selfish jerks in my center didnt do anything for her including drivers and management. To myself i was like really dude you guys are a bunch of super selfish people. I told her sister who drove also what i did for her and she couldnt believe what i did for her out of the kindness of my heart. Her sister was in tears after she found out what i had done for her. And wouldnt you know i didnt get any type of recognition at our hub after everyone found out about it. Thats sad to say the least and i wasnt asking or expecting recognition just sad that society is like this now. Sorry if this story may not belong in this area but just thought id share the story and maybe a few people will step back for a min or 2 and take a long look in the mirror at themselves and ask themselves why they are selfish and maybe they will change their outlook or perspective on this subject.

I respect your ideals and liked your post

but

You do it because its what you wanted to do, not what recognition or feedback you got out of it

Because you got no feedback or recognition became the story, not the good you did for this woman !!!

I applaud you for your dedication :cheers:

anonymous4

Can I ghostwrite your autobiography? I think you have a great story to tell.