Wanting advice for SoCal CDL driver

cody2002

hello, I am currently a truck driver for a grocery delivery company. I am wanting to get a CDL driver position with UPS. I was told I would have to work the docks PT for several years. Is this true, if so is it worth putting in the time? I don’t have a problem putting in the time if it’s worth it in the end. I live in Victorville, but commute to the Indland Empire. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

542thruNthru

hello, I am currently a truck driver for a grocery delivery company. I am wanting to get a CDL driver position with UPS. I was told I would have to work the docks PT for several years. Is this true, if so is it worth putting in the time? I don’t have a problem putting in the time if it’s worth it in the end. I live in Victorville, but commute to the Indland Empire. Any advice or insight is appreciated.

I work in San Diego. Right now it take 11 PT years to go full time. I don't know for sure but I'd say you'd probably have at least a 8 year wait just to go FT package. Feeder (CDL) takes even longer.

If you're not willing to wait at least 5 years and be treated like crap.... and trust me you will be treated like crap. I'd look else where.

cody2002

I work in San Diego. Right now it take 11 PT years to go full time. I don't know for sure but I'd say you'd probably have at least a 8 year wait just to go FT package. Feeder (CDL) takes even longer.

If you're not willing to wait at least 5 years and be treated like crap.... and trust me you will be treated like crap. I'd look else where.

Thanks for the Advice. Do you know if UPS Freight is the same way or do they hire CDL Drivers off the street.