we are closed tomorrow

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have homes I haven't been able to go to for a month now. Last week had an ec for 6 days. Terrible ice this yr. Now it will be covered by a foot plus of snow. My walking legs have been busy this yr

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The weather goons failed on a scale of Biblical proportions in the New York metro area. The company closed based on those predictions. Now, somebody has to answer to the higher up's.

I have a feeling they will never do that again, no matter what.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
Is it me or have the weather people been severely off several times in the last few years especially regarding " epic" storms or lackthereof, and I think politicians magnify this and use this a platform to get in front of the camera to make us feel like they actually DO stuff for us.....it's like a circus and people buy intoit, go buyout all the freakin wonder bread like their never gonna be able to leave their house for a week, it's like dude relax shoprite WILL be here tomorrow don't worry......and I found out what I wanna be when I grow up, a weatherman, only job where pay must be decent and ya can be wrong daily and not get fired

bluehdmc

The media just hyped the heck out of this storm. I kept getting updates every two hours from my local "patch" about closures, how the township was prepared, etc., etc.
They name winter storms, we got a couple of inches Friday into Saturday, (again not what was predicted) named Iola, and this one was named Juno. The Weather Channel just keeps up the hype, live broadcasts, etc. The rest of the media follows along calling the Gov's office, the State Police, road depts. and local officials. If they are not prepared then they hype investigations, how they weren't prepared.
A few years ago Gov Christie was on vacation and the Lt. Gov. was also away and there was a bad snowstorm and they dropped the ball, cars were stranded on highways and the media was all over that. It's a can't win situation.

ch317273

When your bank says no, champion says YES
I agree with you guys they got me going yesterday, didn't buy any wonder bread or eggs but I was gonna call in if they didn't cancel my run yesterday and now today were closed.... I remember about two years again right Before "sandy" there was another "hurricane" was gonna hit New York and new England, the media took off with it, scared the bejesus outta me and the family,we were living in westchester county by the water then and my neighborhood was evacuated, they went into code red and the storm was a dud! Just a 7 hour rain shower! Then sandy hit and although they warned it would be bad there wasn't nearly as much hype and sandy was the worst! Go figure !

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Non essential travel was banned here one day in '08, and our DM had us work. I think the most productive driver did 26 stops. They spent more time shoveling themselves out of the snow than they did moving. That was :censored2:ing ridiculous. That particular DM was soon moved on to do special training for another position afterward.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good for them but honestly amazed. We I have seen 3 20"+ snow events in my day. We never closed.
It has to do with loads not coming in, and roads (particularly Massachusetts Turnpike - I-90) shut down. Also, the main hub had 3' of snow, not 20".

No work for me today, except digging out more.

smapple

Snow didn't get cleared very efficiently in my area. It seems like the plow trucks didn't really come through until today. I had a ":censored2: YOU UPS" moment when I found out my hub was open and the 1/2 of us that did show up weren't shown any appreciation, not even a word like "Hey thanks for coming out to keep us up and running at the risk of killing yourself out there", and those who didn't show for 2 days aren't gonna be penalized.