We need a 40% raise

W

wonderboy$

We need a 40% raise just to maintain an equal purchasing power to what we had when the current contract came into being....

W

wonderboy$

I mean 50% raise but couldn't edit.

The US$ had a value of 120 in the year 2002. Today it has a value of 80. We need an increase of 50% over what we were paid in 2002 to equal the purchasing power that we had then.

beentheredonethat

We need a 40% raise just to maintain an equal purchasing power to what we had when the current contract came into being....

WB, First rule of reading charts, are don't believe them unless the axis clearly indicate what is being charted. What exactly is USD index? If you don't know, and can't explain what good is a chart of it? Second, ANY Chart that superimposes bogus money on top of it, probably didn't come from a credible source. Finally, even if you assume the whole chart is accurate. How can you take the high point and use that solely as a basis for your statement? If you can, then another valid point using your same logic, is that you should be making the exact same wages you made in 1992\93 since we were at 79.05 back then. Therefore all wage increases since then should be given back. Obviously there's been inflation in the last 15 years, and you wouldn't have the same standard of living if you earned now what you did back in 92\93. But according to your logic, it should.

W

wonderboy$

I think i got dumber for reading this post,

I think that's highly unlikely, maybe impossible.

Pollocknbrown said:
u mean to tell me that the US dollar has depreciated by 40% in 6 years?

Yes the the US$ has depreciated 40% from a value of 120 to below 80 and is dropping fast. When you rely on imported goods and you manufacture little of what you consume as a nation, everything will become more expensive. Everything.

What is the US$ index?......

chart......

http://customer1.barchart.com/cgi-bin/mri/vsnchart.htx?page=chart&sym=DXZ7&data=H&showcc=yes

W

wonderboy$

Wonder boy, I make 5$ more an hour than I did in 2002. Need to subtract raises from your calculations.

in my initial response to you I clarified that we need a 50% raise above what we got in the year 2002 to maintain our purchasing power of that same year.

Was it approximately $22 per hour in 2002? Then to maintain our purchasing power we currently need $33 per hour.

ihadit

Local 804's executive board's salary increased that much!! Wonder if they remember who they're supposed to represent? Check out localagitator and click on the Local 804 link on the left side and read all the details. It opened my eyes as well as a lot of my brothers in 804.

Pollocknbrown

Originally Posted by Pollocknbrown
I think i got dumber for reading this post,

Rebuttle by wonderboy$
I think that's highly unlikely, maybe impossible.

oh haha you're so funny, you know my educational intellect and background just by reading a post on the forums? unless your stereotyping me for being a pollock as being an idiot.

Oh and i also forgot, did you draw that chart on your lunch break because it looks about as legit as OJ Simpson saying he didn't murder two people

W

wonderboy$

Oh and i also forgot, did you draw that chart on your lunch break because it looks about as legit as OJ Simpson saying he didn't murder two people

no but I put this together for you during my lunch hour today......

I couldn't post until now because I just punched out.

wonderboy

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
I couldn't post until now because I just punched out. wonderboy

You're a pr*ck, Wonderboy. I'm fairly intelligent but that recording just didn't make sense. You wanna try registering to give yourself some credibility? Otherwise, cool it with the rhetoric and don't accuse people of being "dumb foreigners" until you've gained some credibility. -Rocky

satellitedriver

no but I put this together for you during my lunch hour today......

I couldn't post until now because I just punched out.

wonderboy
Boy wonder,
If you could read(understand) the charts you presented, you could have made alot of money today. Trading in real time.
Since you apparently have no clue and buy into these internet wannabes expert advice, you are going to lose alot of your money.
What is the point of your posts?
Yes, there is inflation that lessens the buying power of the dollar.
That is why you should learn a little about investing and growing your dollar at a higher rate.
As it stand right now, you sound like a dip$#!+ with your posts.

W

wonderboy$

You wanna try registering to give yourself some credibility?

I am registered as wonderboy but for some reason I can't post when I'm logged in.

satellitedriver...
that post was for pollock not you.
It's obviously waay over your head, just admit it.