We're Americans

D

Dis-organized Labor

I guess the obvious questions.

1) What does that have to do with that speech or this thread?
2) Why are you asking me?
3) Why would I even care?
4) What?
5) Who would really care besides you since it's obvious you care since you framed the question?

This really blows me away that one would take a speech about a navy corpsman helping others and try to turn it into something about themselves. You must be one arrogant soul.

AV, I don't read links like these.
Maybe I shouldn'tt have commented before reading.
I can be aggrogant if you want to go there:wink2:
Otherwise, I am not.
Perhaps before assuming that everyone will read whatever link you post, you can spend, oh I don't know 20-30 seconds to "set it up". so we can decide whether we want to read it or not:please:

It would help me.

Cheers!

D

Dis-organized Labor

Ok that may have been harsh. My apologies. Maybe English is not your first language? Actually, English is my first language and I speak two others.
Maybe we're American and that's what we do translates into something else in your native tongue? Does this intend to imply that I am not? Wow, you went off the boards with one little comment.

Anyhow good luck to you and your sister. I think you need the luck more than we do based on your response.
I wish you guys the best. Why do you lie?? No you don't...

I do not think that he was giving any implication that the only way to be an American is to be a Navy corpsman in combat. That is just my opinion. Worth nothing. Finally making a correct Post

Possibly you could ask some friends or relatives if they think you are an American it really does not validate anything for you to ask some stranger on the Internet that question. Just comes across as very strange to me.
Whatever.........

My answer to your original question is I do not care. Hope that helps you out and satisfies your curiosity. And so it goes.

Oh, this post came later.

Let's see......

JO

av8torntn

Actually, English is my first language and I speak two others.

Again you feel the need to tell me about yourself. I tried to be polite when I told you that I do not care how important you feel you are. The speech had nothing to do with you. You keep addressing me trying to tell me your life story and honestly and as clearly as I can be I do not care. As far as I know or care neither you nor your sister have anything to do with that speech. All I was trying to do was give you an out besides the obvious one that you were to lazy to view the speech yet felt the need to address me about it. It seemed clear that it was a tribute to the young men and women fighting for this country not as something about you. The Colonel takes the story of a Navy corpsman to make his point.

For the other posters I do not feel that you must pay taxes in order to consider yourself an American. The Navy corpsman talked about in the speech is a perfect example. While serving in combat he pays no taxes. I do not believe he is less of an American than you because your income is taxed.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Again you feel the need to tell me about yourself. I tried to be polite when I told you that I do not care how important you feel you are. The speech had nothing to do with you. You keep addressing me trying to tell me your life story and honestly and as clearly as I can be I do not care. As far as I know or care neither you nor your sister have anything to do with that speech. All I was trying to do was give you an out besides the obvious one that you were to lazy to view the speech yet felt the need to address me about it. It seemed clear that it was a tribute to the young men and women fighting for this country not as something about you. The Colonel takes the story of a Navy corpsman to make his point.

For the other posters I do not feel that you must pay taxes in order to consider yourself an American. The Navy corpsman talked about in the speech is a perfect example. While serving in combat he pays no taxes. I do not believe he is less of an American than you because your income is taxed.
I don't think you have to pay taxes either. The Indians weren't paying taxes when we showed up. My point was simply that if you do pay taxes, you've earned the right to have a say in how that tax money is spent.

D

Dis-organized Labor

I just don't appreciate the smart*** comments.
Have you ever been in the military?

D

Dis-organized Labor

:rofl: Now this is gonna be fun!

Feet propped up, fresh hot cup of coffee in hand, Ring the bell!

Yeah, I hope you're wrong. I thought about it before i replied, and thought: "Yeah, why not":happy-very:

wkmac

I don't think you have to pay taxes either. The Indians weren't paying taxes when we showed up. My point was simply that if you do pay taxes, you've earned the right to have a say in how that tax money is spent.

Where the indians :censored2: up was they lacked a strong policy against illegal immigration!

:wink2:

I just wish we had the "FREEDOM" not to pay taxes for things we would not choose to support voluntarily. I find it interesting how we all talk about freedom, liberty and the greatness of America while we use the gov't to point the gun to make everyone else live like "WE" think they should regardless of the fact they have committed no fraud or trespass on us in living their own lives!

Why ignore what we truly are!

av8torntn

I just don't appreciate the smart*** comments.
Have you ever been in the military?

It does not matter that I have been in the military. I can have an opinion on that speech just as someone who has never been in the military can have an opinion. I have multiple combat tours. I was wounded screening our allies in the Iraqi army during an ambush they got caught in. I have given first aid to complete strangers just because it was the correct thing to do. I have safeguarded a detainee that had just killed a good friend just because we're Americans and that's what we do. I detained an Iraqi police captain for beating a detainee because we're Americans and it was the right thing to do. I have been on a combat tour that was extended. None of this changed my love of this Country. I have always been grateful that I am an American and being a veteran has nothing to do with that. Someone can also appreciate the service of those currently in harms way without ever being in the military. Attention to detail. When you left me your little negative rep you could have looked on my profile and seen a picture I have publicly posted taken during OIF. That would have saved you the trouble of asking a silly, meaningless question. Everybody's experiences in life are different and you seem to imply that being an American is somehow limited and it is not. I will say that when you openly admit to making a comment on that speech, without ever even watching, the value of your opinion is greatly lowered. Yet, even though I have stated multiple times that I don't care, you continue to offer your opinion of myself, the speech and you. That is more than your right but what I do not accept is you blaming that fact that you were to lazy to watch the speech on the fact that I did not give you the cliff notes first. That was very weak. I would love for you to form an opinion based on what was actually said and then share it.

Here are your cliff notes. One has a right to their opinion on that speech regardless of weather or not they served in the military. From someone who does not appreciate smart*** comments you seem to have plenty to offer. Many have done more than I and many have done less yet I should still be entitled to have the opinion that was a nice speech.

Last edited:
D

Dis-organized Labor

It does not matter that I have been in the military. I can have an opinion on that speech just as someone who has never been in the military can have an opinion. I have multiple combat tours. I was wounded screening our allies in the Iraqi army during an ambush they got caught in. I have given first aid to complete strangers just because it was the correct thing to do. I have safeguarded a detainee that had just killed a good friend just because we're Americans and that's what we do. I detained an Iraqi police captain for beating a detainee because we're Americans and it was the right thing to do. I have been on a combat tour that was extended. None of this changed my love of this Country. I have always been grateful that I am an American and being a veteran has nothing to do with that. Someone can also appreciate the service of those currently in harms way without ever being in the military. Attention to detail. When you left me your little negative rep you could have looked on my profile and seen a picture I have publicly posted taken during OIF. That would have saved you the trouble of asking a silly, meaningless question. Everybody's experiences in life are different and you seem to imply that being an American is somehow limited and it is not. I will say that when you openly admit to making a comment on that speech, without ever even watching, the value of your opinion is greatly lowered. Yet, even though I have stated multiple times that I don't care, you continue to offer your opinion of myself, the speech and you. That is more than your right but what I do not accept is you blaming that fact that you were to lazy to watch the speech on the fact that I did not give you the cliff notes first. That was very weak. I would love for you to form an opinion based on what was actually said and then share it.

Here are your cliff notes. One has a right to their opinion on that speech regardless of weather or not they served in the military. From someone who does not appreciate smart*** comments you seem to have plenty to offer. Many have done more than I and many have done less yet I should still be entitled to have the opinion that was a nice speech.

You're right, sorry we got off on the wrong foot.:peaceful:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
sorry to bring up an old thread but this caught my eye;
News Release
Disclaimer:
NOTE: The Ku Klux Klan, LLC. has not or EVER will have ANY connection with The “Westboro Baptist Church”. We absolutely repudiate their activities.
The Ku Klux Klan, LLC.

What happened was ;
CHARLESTON, W.Va. — The daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps has complained to Charleston Police Chief Brent Webster that six church members taking part in protests at the state Capitol and the University of Charleston on Thursday were not adequately protected.
Two men, a woman and three young children from the Topeka, Kan.-based fringe church marched briefly in front of the Statehouse and UC carrying signs proclaiming, among other things, “Thank God for Dead Miners,” “God Hates Your Tears” and “God Hates West Virginia.”
According to the Charleston Gazette, more than 300 counter-protesters were on hand for a counter demonstration against the six church members who showed up.