Western MD center/hub

PPH_over_9000

This is a really slight one, y'all. So I went to school out in Western MD. Loved it out there. Had the day off today and just randomly started thinking about what it would be like to work in those hills, but when I looked online all I can find is that the UPS location I remember is now permanently closed.

Does anybody know how to figure out which center or hub services a particular area (specifically Allegany and Garrett counties in Maryland?)

I'm starting to think the facility might be in Hagerstown, because everything for Cumberland and Frostburg read as access points and UPS stores.

This is a really slight one, y'all. So I went to school out in Western MD. Loved it out there. Had the day off today and just randomly started thinking about what it would be like to work in those hills, but when I looked online all I can find is that the UPS location I remember is now permanently closed.

Does anybody know how to figure out which center or hub services a particular area (specifically Allegany and Garrett counties in Maryland?)

I'm starting to think the facility might be in Hagerstown, because everything for Cumberland and Frostburg read as access points and UPS stores.
That would be the last place you want to deliver in the winter
The average 110 inches of snowfall a year

PPH_over_9000

That would be the last place you want to deliver in the winter
The average 110 inches of snowfall a year

Oh brother, I'm well aware of the weather.

I'm honestly not thinking about pulling the trigger on a transfer, I'm just curious at this point.

As I think about it, though, I would be more irritated with the drive to and from Hagerstown every day just to get to and from my area. I haven't made the trip in a while but I think that's around 80mi one way (and that's not even counting whatever the commute to work might be!) I just can't tell if there's a satellite center out there, or even if they come from WV, VA or PA into those often-forgotten-about MD counties.

Oh brother, I'm well aware of the weather.

I'm honestly not thinking about pulling the trigger on a transfer, I'm just curious at this point.

As I think about it, though, I would be more irritated with the drive to and from Hagerstown every day just to get to and from my area. I haven't made the trip in a while but I think that's around 80mi one way (and that's not even counting whatever the commute might be!) I just can't tell if there's a satellite center out there, or even if they come from WV, VA or PA into those often-forgotten-about MD counties.
I honestly do not know
Maybe somebody on this forum does

Turdferguson

Just a turd

@jumpman should be able to help you with that

MoarTape

cumberland.jpg
cumberland2.jpg

PPH_over_9000

Wtf is western MD? That state is barely bigger than Rhode Island. I didn't know there was an east and a west.

So it's kind of weird.

Western Maryland stretches to WV/VA/PA and has the only "mountains" in the state.

Southern Maryland is south of DC and west of Chesapeake Bay, historically known for woods and swampland but now it's basically a bedroom community for commuters into DC and VA.

Eastern Shore is aka Eastern Maryland-- everything East of the Chesapeake Bay and where a lot of the seafood culture comes from and a good amount of beach tourists go to.

I'm not sure there's a term for everything North of DC other than just saying "up near Baltimore."

On top of that, we have at least 4 different growing zones (with regard to gardening/agriculture) despite being one of the smallest states in the nation.

[EDIT: Just to clarify, these distinctions aren't there because of geography alone. There's a distinct cultural shift from one part of Maryland to the next. The people tend to just be very different, sometimes to the point of hostility but usually it's along the lines of "You put Old Bay on WHAT?!" or "Dude, there's only one R in water, stop saying warter"]

Last edited:

PPH_over_9000

looking at his profile, he hasn't logged into BC since January of 2016.

which strikes me as odd af because it feels like I remember him posting all the time. only reason it stands out is because, for some weird ass reason, I always thought comments from him and burrhead were from the same person until I looked at who was posting

(NOT A SNEAKSHOT, I SWEAR TO GOD)