What are good careers that are protected by the Union?

IAmUPSet

I'm working preload right now, and wanted to be a driver because they make good money, but what else is there? Just so I can have a more open goal. Thanks.

ManInBrown

Union jobs aren’t what they used to be unfortunately. Still happy we are unionized but there is too much money involved in the stakes now. UPS owns the union. The union works for the company.

ManInBrown

Yeah? Tell me about the 20SUVs at my building inside the fence that are being used by supervisors to deliver. That would have been unheard of 10 years ago. Was told by a package steward I saw the other morning the union knows, and it’s fine. And I’m in the 177, where nothing flys. We have one of the strongest locals.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Yeah? Tell me about the 20SUVs at my building inside the fence that are being used by supervisors to deliver. That would have been unheard of 10 years ago. Was told by a package steward I saw the other morning the union knows, and it’s fine. And I’m in the 177, where nothing flies. We have one of the strongest locals.
Maybe theyve exhausted all other options?

We dont ever have supes working, btw. Even when its crazy mode

Zowert

They’ve worn that one out
Time to come up with a new excuse

This. They need to hire more drivers if supervisors are consistently going out on routes. I don’t care if they are junk routes or running bulk stops in a rental, that should be work for a union driver.

ManInBrown

This. They need to hire more drivers if supervisors are consistently going out on routes. I don’t care if they are junk routes or running bulk stops in a rental, that should be work for a union driver.
That’s the problem. Today’s drivers don’t care. I’m sure the old school drivers still care but once they’re all gone it’s over. All they see is you’re making my life easier. Sure, deliver stops. when I was in package I don’t care if I was out there 14 hours a day. I’d bury you in grievances before I would allow mgmt to do union work to make my life easier.

ManInBrown

Our Way of life and our rights as Teamsters are in real trouble if these locals and shop stewards dont grab these young drivers and shake some sense into them