What are you doing/saying about DHL?

drewed

Shankman
Well I think UPS is looking for DHL to tank in the next 5 years, with moving our inter-asia hub from clark to guangzhou and building the first US airhub in PVG opening this year; we ll be able to capitalize on any faltering customer confidence. China and India will be the future of UPS we're ahead of the game in India; DHL has a distant lead in China, then FDX, but we re pouring money in to catch up and I think the PROC will take notice and look favorably on us in the next couple years.....

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
At todays PCM here in Philly, we were told by our center manager that effective September DHL will not be doing anymore residential stops. If that is the case their ship is definetly taking on a lot of water and sinking pretty fast!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

At todays PCM here in Philly, we were told by our center manager that effective September DHL will not be doing anymore residential stops. If that is the case their ship is definetly taking on a lot of water and sinking pretty fast!

Can we then start calling them the "Yellow (and Red) Submarine"?

barnyard

KTM rider

We got that PCM on Friday.

TB

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Eh, that will be taken REALLY wrong.

Somewhere above, I said you should sell your strengths and not another's weakness.

A correlation is to celebrate your own victories, not another's defeat. Character is not only determined by how one acts when he loses, but by how he acts when victorious.

New Englander

I don't think that is going to sink them. Isn't the USPS going to be doing those stops for them?

Just like us and FedEx?

It'll end up saving them boat loads and in the end the customers who use DHL just want the crap delivered cheap. I don't think they care who actually does it and heck - the service will probably be better.

cino321

I'm all about generating more volume and stuff, but it does aggravate me when the BD guys aren't out there generating any. Some times I'll submit a sales lead and they won't even contact the potential shipper to sell the account. I don't understand why these guys aren't out there following DHL and Fed Ex trucks, seeing where they pick up, etc, and generating volume like that.

I can take five minutes to get your contact information, but I don't have 45 minutes to sit there and demonstrate worldship and explain every individual service we offer. If BD found out about the competition's major volume pick ups, and sent a suit down there to devote some time and really give these shipper's individual attention, I'm sure they would be more successful than me running in there and running out like there's a fire because I have 10 more airs to do in the next 20 minutes.

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
I'm all about generating more volume and stuff, but it does aggravate me when the BD guys aren't out there generating any. Some times I'll submit a sales lead and they won't even contact the potential shipper to sell the account. I don't understand why these guys aren't out there following DHL and Fed Ex trucks, seeing where they pick up, etc, and generating volume like that.

I can take five minutes to get your contact information, but I don't have 45 minutes to sit there and demonstrate worldship and explain every individual service we offer. If BD found out about the competition's major volume pick ups, and sent a suit down there to devote some time and really give these shipper's individual attention, I'm sure they would be more successful than me running in there and running out like there's a fire because I have 10 more airs to do in the next 20 minutes.

You would figure a dedicated sales staff would be in order. I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground with this opinion, but asking drivers to do the selling seems like a lose-lose proposition - lower production, not what they are there to do.

New Englander

You would figure a dedicated sales staff would be in order. I don't know my butt from a hole in the ground with this opinion, but asking drivers to do the selling seems like a lose-lose proposition - lower production, not what they are there to do.

There not really asking the drivers to do the selling. They are asking us to scout/look for potential volume, break the ice and get some contact info.

helenofcalifornia

Yeah, but when we get the info and sales lead contacts to business development, they sit on it and do nothing making the driver look like an idiot making up excuses as to why the sales people haven't called. If BD responded faster, I would put in more sales leads. Maybe it's just my center too.