What article do I need?

Joeskyline06

you know what..this is why i want to say screw you to the union is cause of people like him. dont worry UpstateNYUPSer, to please you and the trolls like yourself i will no longer post any questions. sorry for having the misunderstanding as i must have missed where you specified that that article covered both.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
UTo be fair, upstate is the one most people go to when they have a union related question....so I guess he could be considered the ba of the bc.....LOL haha

stink219

you know what..this is why i want to say screw you to the union is cause of people like him. dont worry UpstateNYUPSer, to please you and the trolls like yourself i will no longer post any questions. sorry for having the misunderstanding as i must have missed where you specified that that article covered both.
Joe, congratulations!! I have try to piss Cupcake off. I assure you that he is not a representation of our union. Message me with your issue. I'll word your grievance for you brother. Have faith.

QKRSTKR

I'm a temp driver still being used, but they are tellin me I only get helper pay. What article do I file under
Back on topic, are they telling you that you get helper pay? Or are they actually paying you helper pay? There is a difference. If they have been paying you helper pay, file a grev. For the difference. If you have a contract look up language for helper pay, seasonal pay, etc. upstate is probably right.

Have you sat down with center manager and steward to discuss it? That's the first step in the grievance procedure. Seems like easy fix to me.

Joeskyline06

well they told me that all time after the 11th I will receive helper pay, but i have yet to receive a check at all for last week because pay roll turned it down(they denied paying me because they say that helpers are not aloud to be used). I was finally able to contact my BA yesterday and he said he had a meeting with ups mgt today anyways and if i could get him some information he would be able to talk to them about it. I provided him the info he asked for. I have not heard back from him yet. plan on calling him in the morning to see what he has to day. HE said that with the way it sounds, they need to just make me full time since they still have 5 open full time spots that have been open since Jan 1st...anyone know the chances of that? i know there are only a few temps above me (under 5 i believe). Can he "make" them make me full time since i have been working a lot after the agreed time?

Joeskyline06

yeah i dont see why people get there panties in a wad over stupid stuff on here. i mean if i wanna cuss at someone for being a jacka** whats the big deal? they are gunna do it right back...we are all big boys and girls arnt we? So go figure my B/A said he would talk to them about all my issues yesterday, and go figure when i called to talk to the dude this morning his secretary informed me he had a "emergency" and couldnt tell me when he would be back or an alternative way to contact him. Im not trying to be a dick, but really?? Does everyone have such a problem getting anything done through the union? I am getting more and more tempted to try and go through other channels to get this issues resolved(I.E a lawyer). And to anyone who has something rude to say...Put yourself in my shoes and think about what i have gone though before you say it.

QKRSTKR

I think you should be full time. Working outside the seasonal period should make you full time. Maybe file a grev. On that too. Can't just wait for ups to give you things. I've had to push things along if you no what I mean.

Justaname

yeah i dont see why people get there panties in a wad over stupid stuff on here. i mean if i wanna cuss at someone for being a jacka** whats the big deal? they are gunna do it right back...we are all big boys and girls arnt we? So go figure my B/A said he would talk to them about all my issues yesterday, and go figure when i called to talk to the dude this morning his secretary informed me he had a "emergency" and couldnt tell me when he would be back or an alternative way to contact him. Im not trying to be a dick, but really?? Does everyone have such a problem getting anything done through the union? I am getting more and more tempted to try and go through other channels to get this issues resolved(I.E a lawyer). And to anyone who has something rude to say...Put yourself in my shoes and think about what i have gone though before you say it.
remember it is your sup that is trying to shaft you. Have faith in your BA he maybe just has a lot going on, and is trying to handle all situations in a timely matter. It's not going to go faster if you use outside sources.

Joeskyline06

Hate to say it but its not mgt it's the payroll dept..I'm finally at a point to where I'm not to worried about it cause the longer it takes the more penalty pay adds up. As for being full time I heard a roomer of more positions being posted soon..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
My ba told me I'm gunna be denied penalty pay because I didn't file within 5 days although no one would help me file.

This is gross misconduct on their part you should get that penalty pay. You have proof of being shafted with your pay stubs. It's all there in print. Hire a lawyer if you must your owed a lot of money. Also once you drive day 31 after January 1 file that you are now a full time driver and should start progression.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone unwilling to help themselves should not bitch about others not helping them.

Just sayin'.

Are you so far removed from your first days that u don't remember what it was like. This is a seasonal off street hire I believe.

Did you have any clue what the union was like or how to file or who to talk to during your first months?

It's not like union has a long meeting with all new hires and teach them how everything works and hand them a union book immediately. It takes time to learn the ins and outs.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Joeskyline,

Please ask all the questions you like.

There are some decent trolls in the BC Community.

UpstateNYUPSer speaks his mind and we have had our differences, and still do, but he is very helpful to many here and is an asset to this community.

Don't stop sharing because of others, stop because you want to stop.

Sincerely,
I