Haha

"rolling"
"burning"
"soaking"
"smoking"
"flagging"

"pretend agains"
"round trippers"

you people have me rollin on the floor over here! Those are all good ones!
To just get this straight in my hard head, all these are terms to describe an off area misload that does not get reported or recorded and just brought back to the center? Right?

Forty6and2

I'm Broken
To just get this straight in my hard head, all these are terms to describe an off area misload that does not get reported or recorded and just brought back to the center? Right?

That would work "yes"...but i was more reffering to like when a supervisor makes someone run a split route or shags, or even a full route that they aren't familiar with. All of those terms describe the act of "not completing the route" and bringing the packages back to the center so they can be delivered the next day. Misloads count too though, so that is correct.

HazMatMan

Management can fire you for anything. However, the union can in most cases get your job back. The following things they can get rid of you without progressive dicipline and the union will likely not get you your job back.

"In cases of:

1 Proven Dishonesty
2 drinking of alcoholic beverages while on duty
3 recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty
4 the carrying of unauthorized passengers
5 unprovoked assault of an employee or supervisory employee while on duty
6 selling, transporting or use if illegal narcotics while in the employment of the employer
7 willful, wanton or malicious damage to the employer's property

shall be dischargeable offenses without the necessity of a warning letter being in effect."
I thought in cases of the alcohol or drugs you just tell them you have a drug or drinking problem and they send you away for 30 days to "clean" up.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
I have heard all the other terms but not "soaking". How did that one come about?

We use smokin or smoking or burned in the SoCal districts.

I'm not absolutely sure. It may come from the term "hosing." When you "hose" someone you are being, shall we say, less than honest with them.

Radar A.K.A. Mr. NDA

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
To further clarify 'burning', we have a driver that does sheet pkgs but he will sheet bus clo or resi as nsn or nss. They are all good addy's or bus will be open. He has sheeted as many as 10/20 in one day and in one case that I know of he sheeted one whole resi area and brought it back (upwards of 30 stops for the whole day).

To further clarify 'burning', we have a driver that does sheet pkgs but he will sheet bus clo or resi as nsn or nss. They are all good addy's or bus will be open. He has sheeted as many as 10/20 in one day and in one case that I know of he sheeted one whole resi area and brought it back (upwards of 30 stops for the whole day).
In our center, ya just couldn't get by with that. They freak out when you have 4 or more pd send agains.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yeah, that wouldn't fly in our center either. I would not be a happy camper if he was covering my run and was doing that. I will tell you that it would only happen once.

paidslave

Management can fire you for anything. However, the union can in most cases get your job back. The following things they can get rid of you without progressive dicipline and the union will likely not get you your job back.

"In cases of:

1 Proven Dishonesty
2 drinking of alcoholic beverages while on duty
3 recklessness resulting in a serious accident while on duty
4 the carrying of unauthorized passengers
5 unprovoked assault of an employee or supervisory employee while on duty
6 selling, transporting or use if illegal narcotics while in the employment of the employer
7 willful, wanton or malicious damage to the employer's property

shall be dischargeable offenses without the necessity of a warning letter being in effect."

If they do provoke us can we beat them silly? :peaceful:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Yeah, that wouldn't fly in our center either. I would not be a happy camper if he was covering my run and was doing that. I will tell you that it would only happen once.
Upstate and Triple...........It shouldn't be happening here and plenty of drivers have been on the recieving end of this and have complained about. Unfortunately this driver seems to have friends in the right places because as of now (to the best of my knowledge) there has been no action taken. I have even had to clean up behind this driver and I can say that I didn't like it one bit. It's nothing more than pure laziness.

dewey8

warning letter? whats that? they have tried to bypass that part alltogether around here and just act before any warnings at all..

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!

You would be kicked out of my local.. any Union member knowingly bringing harm to another member can be removed. Why do you always think management needs help. It may be wrong what they are doing but it is not your job to rat on anyone. People like that always get themselves caught.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You would be kicked out of my local.. any Union member knowingly bringing harm to another member can be removed. Why do you always think management needs help. It may be wrong what they are doing but it is not your job to rat on anyone. People like that always get themselves caught.

Any local that would condone what this member is doing is not a local that I would want to be a part of. My priority is to take care of the customer.