What is Alcoholics Anonymous to you?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's just hyperbole based on my own experience, don't fret. The actual data says that it's less than 50% effective, but that also goes for all drug and alcohol treatment. In AAs defense, it's not a treatment program in itself, just a community, so unlike other recovery/rehab methods, it's more a cult than a scam.
When I first started attending AA decades ago I was I was cautious about it being a cult.

After really getting to know the spiritual suggestions that AA offers one through the 12 Steps I am firmly convinced by my experience with both AA and Protestantism that it is less cultish than some of the Protestant Churches I have experienced.

That may not be saying much to you but in short, I don’t believe AA operates as a cult.

Integrity

Binge Poster
From my experiences there is noting worse than a reformed alcoholic when it comes to someone you want to hang out with.
In what ways have these experiences been so bad?

It may be helpful to some to know some of the mistakes that former drinkers make in these situations.

1 thing for sure is the AA program is definitely not against normal drinkers nor is AA against drinking as an institution.

Some immature AA’s may wrongly communicate this but that is a personal issue not representative of the AA program as a whole.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yesterday, went to a sober Memorial Day picnic at a local Recovery Clubhouse.

It has been awhile since I attended a recovery sponsored social event.

It really was awesome.