• Low pay.

Votes: 11 9.0%
  • Few opportunities for promotion.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • My negative coworkers.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • Boring work.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other. Post your reason in the [URL="http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f64/what-makes-you-miserable-wor

Votes: 31 25.4%

• Total voters

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Do you feel good about getting up and heading to work on Monday? Is your boss the worst? Do you feel unchallenged, unhappy, or not in control? Do you get the idea that no effort you make is ever good enough?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Work ?? I do nothing all day long and I'm still not done with it at sundown.

I get up when my eyes open up. No alarm clocks here. And, it's true, we do eat dinner around 4 or 4:30 !!

Nothing makes me miserable except inconsiderate idiots!! :dissapointed:

Nimnim

The Nim
I wouldn't say anything makes me miserable, but the thing that probably gets me the most are those times when I feel like I'm the only one actually working. Yeah, everyone goofs off some, I can't say I never do, but when things need to be getting done it's not the time to goof off and sometimes my coworkers just don't seem to get that.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Seeing Autumn deco, and halloween stuff at the end of August.
Seeing the same halloween deco in Oct with Christmas lights over it. And the nasty spiderweb stuf still there in the spring.
Seeing coworkers, mentally broken down, because they cant get the job done. And trying to explain, why they have to stand up for themselves.
Being berated day after day, about moving faster when Its as fast as I can go.
Thinking how much I used to love my job, and how now I am sick to my stomache on Monday Morning.
Seeing others in misery, losing home, cant make ends meet, etc.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I can honestly say that I've never been miserable at work other than working when I was sick (bronchitis comes to mind). My wife says nothing bothers me and that is pretty much true but some things do ... just never ran across them at work.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Poor dispatch and poor loads. If I did my job the way my dispatch sup and my loader often do theirs, I would have been fired long ago.

Of course my answer is retro in nature, but I still remember what made me miserable.
The everyday thing that whatever went wrong, regardless of who was responsible, the task of fixing the problem fell on the driver (usually).
Being accountable for misloads as a driver....we don't load the stinkin truck.
The inconsistency of UPS. I always said, " The only constant at UPS is inconsistency".
The overall attitude that the hourly employees were all crooks, trying to steal from the company.
The lack of integrity in management/company.

castor915

The harder you work the more they give you, then you fail and they act surprised.
My favorite... wanting you to work threw your lunch your required to take so you can be back in the building on time.

BoxBurner

The harder you work the more they give you, then you fail and they act surprised.
My favorite... wanting you to work threw your lunch your required to take so you can be back in the building on time.

I completely agree with what you said about receiving more work! I'm a supervisor, and it's the same for both management and our great Union people! I feel sorry for the Union people that get more work than the rest. The way everything is structured at UPS is sickening! I literally do the job of 3 supervisors, more than any other part-time supervisor on either the reload or preload. All because I am more knowledgeable than the other sups! Maybe we should quit promoting idiots and that way the work-load could be balanced! There's a lot of nasty things I'd like to say about people at my center, but I don't know if that's permitted here and I'm also sure some of it would be illegal! :biting:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Much of mine is due to crappy co-workers. Either directly (having to constantly help the same few drivers), or they don't like how much work they have and bump me onto their less than ideal routes. In addition to that its the fact that up until a few days ago the stops per car were just blown up. A few days this week I was ACTUALLY under 9.5! And now, when things start to make sense.....here comes peak

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I hate it when I am held accountable to standards and expectations that could not possibly be met by the people who impose them upon me.

If I managed the day to day business of my route with the same level of ineptitude displayed by UPS corporate, I would have (justifiably) been fired long ago.

DS

Fenderbender
I agree that the most miserable part is looking in my pkg car in the morning knowing that it's going to be another 11 hour day.
Everything I am supposed to be responsible for,late air,mislabled pkgs,overdispatch,all falls on my shoulders at the end of the day.
All the preload sups care about is that the belt is clean and they can go on with their day knowing that its the drivers problem now.
The only time I'm not miserable is when I finally punch out.I used to like my job but I'm starting to hate it with a passion.

U

upsman39

Love my job and love going to work except for the miserable boss that violates the contract everyday. Always having meeting about Overtime will be given out by seniortat the meetings and then afterwards, gives overtime to his boys and girls

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I enjoy going to work as a second job (UPS) most nights I laugh the whole shift .After a somewhat high pressure day job its like therapy. I do sometimes get mad at some of my co-workers sense of entitlement and lack of initiative.I am their steward and expect them to do the right things, sometimes a few don't. Also over the years I have gotten pain in the a_ _ managers or sups. I just smile and say to myself "you will be gone and replaced soon so don't let the door knob hit you where the good Lord split you". LOL

Manager playing favorites with certain hourly employees, ignoring union rules, writing you up for a missload-- but then getting in your face when you slow down and try to correct your missloads. Some negative co-workers.

The times when everybody is on the chopping block. Why can't it go back to the days of the good old boys club. You know when we kept everything at the local level and kept it in house.

8up

other folks who are in a position to do something, anything. but, instead, contend that there is nothing they can do. mostly because they never do anything and don't really know how to do anything, or, they could, but they don't see how it will make any difference and therefore don't bother to do anything, except join in and complain how nothing gets done.

czalinsky

It's the pansy ass drivers and the "computers" that think 301 big ass boxes can fit on a very small truck. And then the drive wants to blame the loader cuz it's stacked to the ceiling. Where the hell else are they suppose to go, Oh wait I did tell Management that they wouldn't fit ALL day long but noooooo just stuff them in there , Whatever!!!! That's what bothers me...