What should I do?

Erectionist

I recently got hired for another job and there's 2 days of training and 3 days of cashier training which starts at 7AM! And I work preload from 4AM-9AM. What should I do? Let my supervisor know that I have training at another job at 7AM so I might be able to leave at 6AM? Or come up with a BS excuse?

Mst3k

Ask to schedule the week off, volume is light this time of year so they should be able to work with you.

JL 0513

You've been with UPS for a while? And this new job won't conflict in the future? If yes and yes, just tell them the truth and say you need the week off for new job training. Most PT's need a second day job. You can't just call out all week, then you need a doctors note.

Erectionist

You've been with UPS for a while? And this new job won't conflict in the future? If yes and yes, just tell them the truth and say you need the week off for new job training. Most PT's need a second day job. You can't just call out all week, then you need a doctors note.
3 months isn't much, in my opinion. I guess I'll let them know.
Can they schedule the training for a bit later in the day?

There is way they will give you an unpaid week off.
I wish they could but that's their only time for the training. If management can give me an unpaid week off that'll be good, but I'm trying to work as much as I can inside the building.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
what job could possibly be better than ups ?
Oh, how about any job that pays more than 9 and a half bucks an hour where you don't have to get up at the asscrack of dawn, and where you're not busting your balls only to be treated like the biggest piece of :censored2: in the world. Maybe you could teach the OP how to shake their ass for some saggy balled creep with a folded up, sweat drizzled, dollar bill.

Otherwise, any job would be better.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
I recently got hired for another job and there's 2 days of training and 3 days of cashier training which starts at 7AM! And I work preload from 4AM-9AM. What should I do? Let my supervisor know that I have training at another job at 7AM so I might be able to leave at 6AM? Or come up with a BS excuse?
There are a lot of things you can do. UPS isn't like other companies. You can either call in those days, ask them for the days off, ask for the week off etc. If they tell you no, and you have sick days use those they can do :censored2: about it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are a lot of things you can do. UPS isn't like other companies. You can either call in those days, ask them for the days off, ask for the week off etc. If they tell you no, and you have sick days use those they can do :censored2: about it.

He only has 3 months with the company so his options are severely limited.