What will my pay progression be?

JohnJR

I started January 2014. My 30 days were 16.10 and now it is 17.25. I get different answers from people and don't know which is right. Thanx for the help.

JL 0513

I started January 2014. My 30 days were 16.10 and now it is 17.25. I get different answers from people and don't know which is right. Thanx for the help.

That's the same progression I'm on. These are the rates for the previous contract. Sounds like you are on the previous contract, or they haven't adjusted to the new rates of the new contract as it is still being ratified and drivers still haven't gotten their raises.

Old contract = 3 year progression
New contract = 4 year progression

Under the old, the rates are...

Start 16.10
Seniority 17.25
12 months 18.45
24 months 20.75
36 months top rate

This may vary by region. I'm in the north east.

JL 0513

I believe you fall under the contract of when you become a driver vs your original PT hire date. So if you went driving in Jan, I believe you would be on the new contract, thus the 4 year progression. Although it sucks to go the extra year, the rates leading up to it are significantly better. In which case, you would get back pay.

I went driving last May, putting me on the previous contract.

If someone else can chime in to confirm whether contracts are based on driver hire date or original PT hire date.

S

selfcancelsignal

No one seems to know the answer to this for sure in my center, but I gotta believe if you qualified after 8-1-13, you'll be on the 4 year progression once the new contract goes into effect. With all the back pay & other retroactives, this only seems logical to me. Others will say that since you qualified under the old contract, you'll be on that. Hope they're right, but doubt it. We'll see.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Others will say that since you qualified under the old contract, you'll be on that.l

The old contract expired July 31st. It is no longer in effect. We are working under its terms, for the sake of order, but technically we are working without a contract. Hence, those hired or who gain seniority after the contract expired do not fall under its terms; they'll fall under the terms of the contract or terms in force during their hiring/qualification. Right now there is none, technically, but the new contract is to applied retroactively to them, just as our pay raises will be applied retroactively.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I believe you fall under the contract of when you become a driver vs your original PT hire date. So if you went driving in Jan, I believe you would be on the new contract, thus the 4 year progression. Although it sucks to go the extra year, the rates leading up to it are significantly better. In which case, you would get back pay.

If someone else can chime in to confirm whether contracts are based on driver hire date or original PT hire date.

Here, your FT date becomes your new seniority date; the PT date is only for vacations and sick days. Ergo, if your seniority date is after July 31st, you will be under the yet-to-be-ratified contract.

JohnJR

I believe it is this.

Start $18.75
Seniority $18.75
12 Months $19.50
24 Months $21.00
36 Months $25.00
48 months TOP rate

Mack Grant

They're based on your FT seniority date. The OP is under the 4 year progression.