What would you have done if this were you?

What would you do if this had been you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

over9five

Staff member
3 to 1. I'm the loser who would have returned it. He saved all that money for his kids, I couldn't have kept it.

klein

Für Meno :)
3 to 1. I'm the loser who would have returned it. He saved all that money for his kids, I couldn't have kept it.

Kids got money from the sale of the house, and who really knows if it was only $40K ? Could have been $240K , right ?
Maybe , those people did keep a good share ? Never know.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I would have kept 10 % then if he had tried to give me any, I would have given it back, at a later time. Hey Look what I found kinda thing. Im just not as honest as some. Sorry. Finders fee.

DS

Fenderbender
I would keep the money.Maybe a lot of you are better off monetarily than we are.
I would not feel bad about it.It's legally mine.It may help me later in life to afford the good cat food.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Would be easier to keep the money if I had no idea where it came from, or even better if I knew it came from some undeserving rat (like a greedy ass CEO of a major corp that treats its employees like dirt) but since it came from some old dad and was for his kids, I'd likely return it.

Who knows in today's economy if they even made any money on the house. Consider large medical bills of a sick and ailing parent, hell maybe he even had a reverse mortgage and they got zip, BUT he put a bit of that away up there each month and it was his only asset to pass on. Just too much guilt and waaayy too much karma for me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Would be easier to keep the money if I had no idea where it came from, or even better if I knew it came from some undeserving rat (like a greedy ass CEO of a major corp that treats its employees like dirt) but since it came from some old dad and was for his kids, I'd likely return it.

Nice rationalization.