What's the trick to breaking in new shirts?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Has anyone figured out how to break in the new shirts? All my old thin ones are just to awful for me to wear but these new ones feel like I'm wearing a blanket! I have washed them repeatedly with little success. Anyone have any tricks they use?
Bleach.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Has anyone figured out how to break in the new shirts? All my old thin ones are just to awful for me to wear but these new ones feel like I'm wearing a blanket! I have washed them repeatedly with little success. Anyone have any tricks they use?

Back in the dark ages, we would drag new jeans behind our cars for a day or two to soften them up. You could try that.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Wash them about 30 times before you ever wear them.
You can also soak them for about 3 days in a laundry tub of salt water. Stir the mix several times a day.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
If you have access to an aircraft carrier, put the shirts in strong mesh bag, and drag them from the fantail in the prop wash for several hours.

rod

Retired 22 years
Back in the dark ages, we would drag new jeans behind our cars for a day or two to soften them up. You could try that.

My son thought it would be cool to hang a new pair of jeans on a clothesline and shoot them with my 12 gauge. He was too close. Scratch one pair of new jeans.

moldsporh

Wash in hot water, little extra fabric softener...add 1/2 cup vinegar to the first rinse. Dry on hot with a few dryer sheets.

Repeat 2 or 3 times.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I forget but they're in a blue container.

purex-crystals.jpg