When you see management doing hourly work

WorkingAsDirected

In my experience, its a waste. I've had grievance hearings where I had them dead to rights on them working and still had to negotiate on my pay. Also, by them knowing that you file they will simply move to somewhere where someone doesn't file.

542thruNthru

Integrity is supposed to be at the core of all UPSers do.

tumblr_mi2p5c8yjt1r2gchto2_250.gif

MattM

I see them driving tugs and unloading in work casual apparel. Better them than me I tend to say most times. They may only be saving us 5-10 minutes tops. And when I am late 3-4 times a month, it's not an aggravated crap fest with personalities going at it. So I try to keep it peaceful.

For me a grievance for $2/day isn't worth the added trouble. Unless that $2 can be spread out and proven over a year or something.

M

MenInBrown

I always inform them. Fair, and above board.

My understanding is that supervisors doing bargaining unit work is actually not against the contract. It is against the contract if they have not exhausted all other options to make service.

By informing them that they are doing bargaining unit work that you are willing to do, you are publicly establishing that they have not exhausted all of said options.

They are not to be doing any hourly work. Only in extreme cases like natural disasters should they be moving pkgs. Not enough employees is no reason to do hourly work.

Integrity

Binge Poster
They are not to be doing any hourly work. Only in extreme cases like natural disasters should they be moving pkgs. Not enough employees is no reason to do hourly work.
I personally would find out how strong of a stance your Local Union Officials will take, Shop Steward and Executive Board.

I have found it is usually not in the best interest of progress to try and take a stronger stance on this issue than the Local.

TTIMMAAYY

What do you do if you suspect a steward of taking a cut of your grievance pay? I grieved a sup 7 hrs which was agreed on.When I got my grievance pay,it was only for 1 hr.When I questioned him,he said,
"His boss probably split the pay with others."