Where is Ed Hoculi this week? or What would Ed Hoculi do? (WWEHD?)

I saw this cartoon this morning. This is every Dad's nightmare.

Every dad who`s insecure in his own sexuality to the point he would be embarrassed to have a son who`s not a jock. Maybe you and your football hero kid could go beat up the little "ferret" and make yourselves feel like real men.

Name one father? Ok, I name myself. I`ll take my kids pursuing what makes them truly happy, as good people, unjudging of others.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Every dad who`s insecure in his own sexuality to the point he would be embarrassed to have a son who`s not a jock. Maybe you and your football hero kid could go beat up the little "ferret" and make yourselves feel like real men.

Name one father? Ok, I name myself. I`ll take my kids pursuing what makes them truly happy, as good people, unjudging of others.

cach, I think you may have misunderstood what I said. I never said that I wouldn't accept whatever choice my son or daughter makes. What I said was what Dad does not dream of his son becoming a star athlete. I apologize for the confusion.

I saw this cartoon this morning. This is every Dad's nightmare.
Every dad? Thanks, George Cleaver, for speaking for me.

You name one father who dreams of his son starring in the Russian ballet when he grows up. If that makes me homophobic, so be it.

As I said, Me. If that`s what my son wants and truly makes him happy then I`ll back him 100% and won`t be afraid to tell the guys at the barn either. If your son chooses something thats not on your "heterosexual" list then thats a problem with you. Not to be disrespectful to your father, but did you meet all your dads expectations?

cach, I think you may have misunderstood what I said. I never said that I wouldn't accept whatever choice my son or daughter makes. What I said was what Dad does not dream of his son becoming a star athlete. I apologize for the confusion.

I posted my first response after getting home from work, no sleep. I get up and read your latest post and thought maybe I jumped the gun (who,me?) and was ready to post a mea culpa of my own but as I reread the post again decided I was sticking to my opinion.
If you accept whatever choices your kids make then how can one be a nightmare and one a dream? You mean your nightmare or your dream? I raised a homo or I raised a superstar? I`m a failure or I`m superdad? If your accepting your kids choices then there is only one answer.

Maybe you can help me out I`m confused now based on the "Dad guidelines" you`ve made me aware of.
My daughter,17, is an athlete since the age of 4. Softball and baseball are her specialty and she has better career numbers than guys in Cooperstown. Star athlete make me superdad? But she`s a girl,tomboy actually, so failure for being the father of a potential lesbian because she`s not doing the accepted girl things?
My son,9, all arms and legs played baseball last year and didn`t do all that well. This year he didn`t play mostly because he didn`t like being called "gay" by the dream sons of the superdads. So he`s spent the summer being artistic and drawing and building things, want`s to be an architect. Superdad because I have a brilliant kid or failure because he`s a non-athletic potential homo?
My youngest son,4, born with Downs Syndrome. Hmmm this ones a tough one. An athlete? Probably not to some peoples standards. Brilliant? Once again not to some peoples standards. But as an example that there is a God and that he is one of the purest souls and bearer of unconditional love then he has that nailed down pat. I think he`s the best of the three but I don`t know what direction to go according to the guidelines.

I apologize to A.J. for putting this in her thread but she knows me and my kids so I think she might be ok with it.

bbsam

Staff member
I would agree with Upstate if it weren't for the late Gregory Hines and the fact that it's not uncommon for NFL wide receivers to take up ballet as a supplement to training.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
My neighbor took ballet and gymnastics. He played football and is an AXE man. Kinda funny seeing pics of him in his leotard when he was 15, BUT in no way is he gay. I wish I had the agility at his age, he got from that, I would hurt myself doing a somersalt.

As a follow up, I didn`t say what I said to argue with Upstate but rather to argue against the stereotype that is prevalent. I`m sure you`re doing the best you can as a father as I also try to do. Last I checked neither one of us got the instruction manual handed to us when our kids were born.

bbsam

Staff member
I would say though that it is a joke. One of the funniest SNL skits ever was a fake ad for medical relief for the anxiety felt by parents of boys pursuing less masculine interests.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Tom Brady is human after all.

Thankfully the Jets and Dolphins also lost.

Buffalo may be for real.
I didn't get to watch the game but I looked at the stats. The 17 points that BUF scored in the 4th wasn't good. I hope BUF can keep it up. Just to see some new blood at the end of the season.