wheres dannyboy????

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I'm here. Lots of work to do, and not enough hours in the day or night.

Then the cable company has been less than great with the internet service.

Putting up a greenhouse right now. Wind is a bit of a problem when you are putting up 2 sheets of plastic 36X100. Blow you off a ladder with a 3MPH breeze.

Then there is all the incoming traffic for the Bristol race. Brings lots of people by here for a lookie.

Not to mention all the construction work that has been going on since February.

Decided to lurk a bit instead of posting so much.

Did I mention conectivity problems?

Why, has tie gotten out of line?

d

wkmac

Dboy,
I been trying to talk my wife into retiring up into the general area you live in. Beautiful country up there. Wife and I years ago use to do a lot of caving and I got the chance to go into a cave system near Johnson City called Morrell's that had been closed off to everyone for years. We'd heard stories and read old newspaper accounts of what was known as the Morrell's cave dogs which was a pack of dogs that live in the cave. To our pleasant surprise we discovered the story was true and to be a 1/4 mile inside a cave and see the happy go lucky dog come bouncing down the passage at ya was sure a surprise. Friendly dog too. Discovered afterwards the locals keep the dogs fed somewhat but they live in the cave.

Enjoy the good life up there.

mac

BTW: What ya growing or should I ask?
:lol:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
It is a nice place to live. Enough "flat land" to be nice, mountains to get away to, lakes to go out on, beach within 8-9 hours. The area is begining to grow up, that is for sure.

There are many caves in the area, one of the natural wonders here. May are just now becoming developed (actually cleaned out to where humans can explore) and entering the market.

I just grow a few weeds and fish is all. Hopefully, good Lord willing, I will have a nice quiet place for people to come and reflect, enjoy peace and quiet, not to mention beauty. But it is a lot of work, and takes money money money.

d

wkmac

dannyboy said:
Hopefully, good Lord willing, I will have a nice quiet place for people to come and reflect, enjoy peace and quiet, not to mention beauty. But it is a lot of work, and takes money money money.
d

Sounds nice! Best wishes with your endeavors. Hey I just thought of something you might check into. In Georgia they have what is known as the Master Gardener Program which is a 3 month program put on by the Georgia Extension Service. It's a great program and you learn a ton about gardening and plants but part of the agreement to the program is you agree upon completion of the 3 months to perform 50 hours of community serivce I believe over the next year that utilizes your new found gardening skills. You might see if Tenn. offers such services through their extension service. Couple of friends of mine have gone through the Georgia program and rave about it. I like garening myself and giving serious thought to going through the program as well once my UPS days are over. I'd do it now but working nights makes taking the course impossible since that is the only time the course if offered.

Those weeds you growing wouldn't be Columbian Redbud would it?
:tongue_sm

Ah, back in the day!
LOL!!!!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
You mean something like this?:thumbup1:
Master Gardener.jpg

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Your friend is correct, it is a good program to go through. But it is very generic and limited in what is taught.

I chose to specialize in water gardens and ponds. The young lady that taught the course knew less than I did to begin with. So now I teach the water garden/Fish pond/water feature part of the classes.

I find the best way to learn is to teach. I have also taken classes at UGA in Athens, and in Florida and Biloxi before the destruction.

I intend to keep on learning and sharing what I have learned until the day I die.

d

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You guys are interested in gardening?

That's one of my favorite things to do! I've got a new gardening web site in my list of to do projects this year. The domain was purchased last year but the site is still empty. I was thinking of starting it with a garden blog since we've got a couple of areas that we're replanting that would make good step by step photo projects. All I need is a few more hours every day to be able to do the new web site, the gardening, the office work, the housework and also maintain Brown Cafe and other existing sites.

Since time spent in the garden is my favorite time I'd know that one of the first things that always gets done is the gardening... I hate housework so that always seems to be neglected...

:lol: