Which is more harmful to the FedEx brand: Kinkos (Office) or Ground?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yes or No? Its a simple question. I knew you wouldnt be able to answer.Pathetic.You are a joke.

I will answer the question, and my answer is as follows. It depends on the employee, not the company. There are slugs that work for both companies and there are stars. In general, UPS drivers work harder and deserve higher pay...in general. In no way does that translate to an approximate 35% difference in wages across the board. When you figure pensions (or lack thereof) into the equation, the disparity is even greater.

Now answer my question.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

You would be the perfect Kinko's employee...you've got all the qualifications. What I said was "an excellent courier is worth $30 per hour" and I stand by that. An outstanding FedEx employee is just as good as his/her UPS equivalent and works just as hard. Most don't...I'm talking about that "7" employee who knows exactly what they are doing and always does an excellent job. There are certainly a lot of swing drivers who are worth that much, and plenty of others. I'm guessing that you are overpaid relative to your contribution.

I wouldn't say that I'm "excellent" per se...maybe WICKED FREAKIN' AWESOME, but not "excellent...lol

And yes, I do work just as hard as my brown brethren, but I do a bulk route (when I get to go out...)so I think I deserve the pay that is due to me.

Washu234

Ha. Awesome. Now I'm the only person who's ok with FedEx. How do I get a paycheck for being positive?

I gotta say MrFedEx you called that one.

FedEX 4 Life

out of curiousity - how many stops and packages does the AVERAGE full-time FedEx route driver deliver per day? Be honest, here.
Depends on station.My station id say average is 60-90 stops for a full timer.Part timer 30's.
Im assuming its the same at UPS since everyone says its the same job just different trucks.
Pickup couriers average 30 stops per day in my station.Ive heard stories of upstate couriers doing like 10-15 stops a day but driving over 100 miles.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Depends on station.My station id say average is 60-90 stops for a full timer.Part timer 30's.
Im assuming its the same at UPS since everyone says its the same job just different trucks.
Pickup couriers average 30 stops per day in my station.Ive heard stories of upstate couriers doing like 10-15 stops a day but driving over 100 miles.

We have one route that averages 60 stops total with about 350 miles driving PER DAY. The first stop is over an hour and 40 minutes away from the station. Must be nice to average 60-90 total stops...

O

olcc

I have worked at four different stations as a swing driver and in my real, non-imaginary experience, a typical day is 150+ pieces, about 30% of which are docs. The general expectation for all-day routes is at least 100 stops per day, although with the new SPH goals, at least 110. This is hitting your first stop (theoretically) between 845 and 900 and returning to the building before 1800. And with a mandatory one hour (at least) lunch.

tworavens

JuniorMember for 24 Years

You know what happens when you assume...

Typical route in my part of town (big city with mixed resi and business) is 170-190 stops, average prolly 300 pieces with maybe 50 total miles per day. Since moving to our new center, no more split cars, so we have been going out with 200-220 stops, 350 pieces or more, and anything that doesn't fit in the car in the a.m. will be brought out to us later to do.:biting: We've been working 8:30 to 8:30 lately.

I've got it easy, I only have 130 stops and 35 pickups. 'Course there's 750 total pieces, but who's counting?

Washu234

Typical route in my part of town (big city with mixed resi and business) is 170-190 stops, average prolly 300 pieces with maybe 50 total miles per day. Since moving to our new center, no more split cars, so we have been going out with 200-220 stops, 350 pieces or more, and anything that doesn't fit in the car in the a.m. will be brought out to us later to do.:biting: We've been working 8:30 to 8:30 lately.

I've got it easy, I only have 130 stops and 35 pickups. 'Course there's 750 total pieces, but who's counting?

Ha where's that union? I'll take my $2 less per hour to enjoy my pickup route with 50 stops and 300 pieces (40% Docs).

FedEX 4 Life

Well everyone here seems to think that a UPS and Fedex driver do the exact same job,therefore Fedex drivers should be paid more.