White House rejects bailout for Postal Service battered by coronavirus

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
White House rejects bailout for Postal Service battered by coronavirus - MSN

Through rain, sleet, hail and even a pandemic, mail carriers serve every address in the United States, but the coronavirus crisis is shaking the foundation of the U.S. Postal Service in new and dire ways.

The Postal Service’s decades-long financial troubles have worsened dramatically as the volume of the kind of mail that pays the bills at that agency ― first-class and marketing mail ― withers during the pandemic. The USPS needs an infusion of money, and President Trump has blocked potential emergency funding for the agency that employs around 600,000 workers, repeating instead the false claim that higher rates for Internet shipping companies Amazon, FedEx and UPS would right the service’s budget.

rickyb

upload_2020-4-11_21-3-30.png

With Postal Service on 'Verge of Collapse' and 630,000 Jobs at Risk, Trump Slammed for Refusing to Act

upload_2020-4-11_21-7-54.png

Trump: Postal Workers Don’t Deserve a Financial Lifeline - Inequality.org

fishtm2001

As the New York Times reported last week, "the Postal Service has not taken federal funding in decades, running instead off revenue raised from stamps and other postal products. But since the 2008 financial crisis, it has struggled to stay in the black, weighed down largely by a congressional mandate to prefund its retirement benefits programs."

Mutineer

I've been a box-donkey for 23 years. Most of my adult life. For companies large, small, and gone by the wayside. For the past dozen years or so, I'd heard and read many improbable stories of waste, corruption and mistreatment from those who claim to have worked at the USPS. The kinds of stories that I'd grin, snort derision, and roll my eyes imagining what incriminating parts of the story these whiners and malcontents were purposely omitting.

Since then, I've been inside the rotten structure of the USPS. And I have no doubt those stories I'd once doubted are very likely mostly true. It's absolutely disgraceful how they treat people. Including honorably discharged veterans.

The only employees who matter at the USPS are those who are politically-correct, anointed, pet people of virtue.

My experience left me with no doubt that the entire USPS, and nearly everybody in it, need to be investigated, punished accordingly, and replaced.

I've been a box-donkey for 23 years. Most of my adult life. For companies large, small, and gone by the wayside. For the past dozen years or so, I'd heard and read many improbable stories of waste, corruption and mistreatment from those who claim to have worked at the USPS. The kinds of stories that I'd grin, snort derision, and roll my eyes imagining what incriminating parts of the story these whiners and malcontents were purposely omitting.

Since then, I've been inside the rotten structure of the USPS. And I have no doubt those stories I'd once doubted are very likely mostly true. It's absolutely disgraceful how they treat people. Including honorably discharged veterans.

The only employees who matter at the USPS are those who are politically-correct, anointed, pet people of virtue.

My experience left me with no doubt that the entire USPS, and nearly everybody in it, need to be investigated, punished accordingly, and replaced.
What you say is true, but it's just getting worse. It's a horrible place to work, biggest mistake of my life.