Who is responsible for checking oil in the trucks?

Integrity

Binge Poster
It is most likley me, lately.

I have nothing against him, he just asks a lot of questions that could pinpoint one's identity
in my opinion.

I never want to disrespect anyone on this forum.

I just will not answer his questions as they lead to more specific questions.

Integrity if I offended, forgive me.

If 407 vouches for you, that is good with me.

I just do not want to answer your questions after I post, which is not often,
on UPS discussions. Nothing personal at all.

Bless you,
texan
texan,

I thank you for caring enough to ask for forgiveness but you have never offended me in any way.

You are entitled to engage in these discussions as you see fit.

You are very respectful in the manner in which I have observed you interact on the BC.

Blessings to you also!

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Lay off of integrity people. Ive interacted with him and can vouch for him. His heart is in the right place in regards to his posts on this forum. I've crucified him for a while on here and I admit right now that I was wrong. He is a good upser and I've got his back.
anonymous,

I thank you for this support.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

It is a blessing to know you.

Sincerely,
I

Nimnim

The Nim
He takes PM's. I like Integrity, now. He irritated me early on, but he grows on you. :bigsmile2:

>.> So you like things that grow, got it.

Personally though, I'll agree that at times Integrity can be "unwanted" but as 407 said earlier his heart is in the right place. They're a good person though, and other than the occasional, "Oh here we go" moment which is followed by skimming past a bunch of posts I have no problems and a bit of appreciation for them.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
In my building, there is a 22.3 guy who checks the package car oil and feeder drivers are the ones to make sure they have enough oil before they start their day. Just my building though...could be different in other places.

S

serenity now

the blame will be placed on the operator if it locks down * I check the level every Friday * found it dangerously low on a new engine about two months ago

oldngray

nowhere special
They used to have the hoods of the package cars up in the morning and drivers would check the oil then close the hood when they first started.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The driver is ultimately responsible but, like Wally said, I have never checked the oil; hell, I would need help finding the dipstick. (No, not the one behind the steering wheel.)

balland chain

I searched but could not find someone who has asked this yet, is this the mechanics job or a part time slaves job? Who does it at your hub? :peaceful:

Where I am, if you are a package driver you do not check the oil.. That is part of the car washers job.. I am in feeder now, and it is part of our pre trip..

SmithBarney

I searched but could not find someone who has asked this yet, is this the mechanics job or a part time slaves job? Who does it at your hub? :peaceful:

It's part of the pretrip...in fact each night, all of our hoods would be opened presumably by the reload, to assist us in the AM pretrip... Side Story... once had a truck that lost about 1-2qts of oil a day(cracked block), mechanic said to write it up, he couldn't fix it because apparently losing 2qts of oil is acceptable. Told me to stop putting oil in it, then once the engine died, he could fix it.(wasn't my regular truck, but eventually the engine died)

norcal10

I do oils at our building and try to alternate sides every day. When no one was doing it for a while and they had me start doing it again it was amazing how long some of the cars could go without oil