Who makes DIAD?

Johney

We had to find a phone to upload the data.
That was a PITA, but if I remember we only had to do it before returning to the building. What was even worse was when the "DVA" came out DIAD 2 maybe 3? Having it tell you sometimes that there are 50 pkgs that weren't sent. Having to do a "DVA" send before returning to the building. Oh and GOD help you if you got stuck in a rental which had no "DVA" and having to stop by a pay phone every hour or so to transmit info.

oldngray

nowhere special
That was a PITA, but if I remember we only had to do it before returning to the building. What was even worse was when the "DVA" came out DIAD 2 maybe 3? Having it tell you sometimes that there are 50 pkgs that weren't sent. Having to do a "DVA" send before returning to the building. Oh and GOD help you if you got stuck in a rental which had no "DVA" and having to stop by a pay phone every hour or so to transmit info.

Or when the speaker quit working on your DIAD making the speaker calls impossible.

JL 0513

Anyone else have a problem with the DIAD 5 scanning Amazon packages? Seems it doesn't pick up the tracking bar code on their packages unless you hit it about 4 or 5 times. Always seems to pick-up the one under it first.

Figures that Amazon prints the worst labels while sending the most packages. Not to mention their idiocy in plastering labels over the seam where it wrinkles. a real annoyance throughout every day. You'd think someone would approach Amazon about this.

Johney

Figures that Amazon prints the worst labels while sending the most packages. Not to mention their idiocy in plastering labels over the seam where it wrinkles. a real annoyance throughout every day. You'd think someone would approach Amazon about this.
Not sure if it is Amazon or the fact that the DIAD 5 was made to scan extra efficiently. Which is great as long as there is no other barcode on the label. I find just as many if not more problems with some :censored2: on the preload placing PAL labels right on the tracking barcode.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Not sure if it is Amazon or the fact that the DIAD 5 was made to scan extra efficiently. Which is great as long as there is no other barcode on the label. I find just as many if not more problems with some :censored2: on the preload placing PAL labels right on the tracking barcode.

Our asshats like to put PAL labels over the service crosses on send agains.

iowa boy

Anyone else have a problem with the DIAD 5 scanning Amazon packages? Seems it doesn't pick up the tracking bar code on their packages unless you hit it about 4 or 5 times. Always seems to pick-up the one under it first.

Amazon and Smartpost are the two worst I've found.

S

selfcancelsignal

I wish they'd discontinue the use of those old school paper books for pick ups by customers, & those stupid labels you scan & have to type in the account number & weight (they're not even on there more than half the time), & make it so when you're running a misload or something else not in your board that the address just pops up instead of having to type it in after it's been scanned. I guess that's still too much to ask though.

Sent from the 64GB US Cellular iPhone 5S of selfcancelsignal

S

selfcancelsignal

Deliver them on the first attempt, problem solved! :happy-very::happy2:
Lately ours have been putting PALs over the barcodes. At least it's usually the ones that are easy to peel off. Still a pain in the neck.

S

selfcancelsignal

& why on the YouTube video for the DIAD V does it say you can scan the bullseye barcode? This has worked for me maybe once or twice in the almost 1 year we've had the V now in our center.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I think most would agree the best thing to come out of EDD stuff and newer software is the ability to FIND BC. I can't remember the last time I've cursed at the gods after typing in a Z scan and it says invalid, because adding a backspace in that screen was to difficult?

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
Whats the deal with that stupid elastic strap on the back? Why is it permanently attached? Once they get stretched out they need to be replaced. I just cut them off and go with out. Hope the regular driver I'm covering for doesn't mind.

I don't use my strap for anything and it still stretches out. When it's so loose that it starts to unhook on it's own I just give it a couple of twists at the bottom and re-hook it so it lays flat. Intentionally damaging company property by cutting the strap is not in your best interest.

These are my opinions. Others are available.

wayfair

swollen member
what are you using the strap for???

I used the old diad 3 belt hook with it and the stoopid :censored2: kept snapping, now I just use the holster type..

funny thing, I learned last week that the diad 5's screen protector comes off...lol