Who ships goldfish to Alaska?

wakyzachy

I am the IRS for UPS!
I am out in our hubs air wall. Everyday the same shipper sends goldfish to Alaska. All over the package it says GOLDFISH STORE UNDER 50 DEGREES. Well here in Jersey its about 90 degrees. They sit in a 100 degree truck waiting to go to the airport then they sit in a plane waiting to go to Alaska. I wonder if thoes fish make it. Their just in regular water no ice or any thing. Im wondering if they pay for the insuarance and then collect it when their fish dies upon delivery. You can tell I have a lot of time on my hands. :bored:

Sammie

Tell me they're going out as air deliveries. It's probably hard within Alaska to find a supplier for pet stores, that would be my guess....

I thought UPS did not carry live animals (fish).

Go to the UPS website. Download the UPS Tariff /Terms and Conditions.

Read it.

I promise it will answer 99.999% of every stupid question ever asked on this site.

In this case you can go to page 8.

It’s under the heading of “Live Animals.”

It states,

“UPS provides service on a limited basis for packages containing some types of live animals. (The term “animal” as used herein refers to anything living, except plants.) UPS will only accept packages containing live animals for shipment within the United States. Live animals may be shipped only pursuant to the restrictions and conditions set forth on ups.com regarding Shipping Live Animals. Any package containing a live animal will be considered a perishable commodity and will be accepted for transportation solely at the shipper’s risk for any damage or loss arising from the perishable nature of the item. UPS shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages. Contact UPS for information regarding shipping live animals."

Fredless

APWA Hater
the oddest thing I saw - a rich kid (around 15) and his parents were going through a divorce. He was going to live in California with dad for a few years, and he HAD to have his tortoise with him. Mom paid around 650 dollars and had the tortoise sent from florida to california, Early AM.

The counter clerks called up the hazmat line to see if we could, and we were allowed to send common tortoises.

hoser

Industrial Slob
I thought UPS did not carry live animals (fish).
Uh,

UPS will take any business it can get.

I've seen live lobster from Newfoundland and live Bees from North Carolina.

the oddest thing I saw - a rich kid (around 15) and his parents were going through a divorce. He was going to live in California with dad for a few years, and he HAD to have his tortoise with him. Mom paid around 650 dollars and had the tortoise sent from florida to california, Early AM.

The counter clerks called up the hazmat line to see if we could, and we were allowed to send common tortoises.
$650 to overnight a live animal next day by 8am? pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

raceanoncr

Uh,

UPS will take any business it can get.

I've seen live lobster from Newfoundland and live Bees from North Carolina.

$650 to overnight a live animal next day by 8am? pretty damn good deal if you ask me.

Uh...what's it cost to ship a live sheep? NOT FOR ME, mind you! Just asking! Uh...for a...friend...yeah...a friend.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
the oddest thing I saw - a rich kid (around 15) and his parents were going through a divorce. He was going to live in California with dad for a few years, and he HAD to have his tortoise with him. Mom paid around 650 dollars and had the tortoise sent from florida to california, Early AM

That had to have been a very large tortoise for $650.00!

I have delivered live lobsters, crabs, koi, reptiles, worms, grubs, and crickets. No telling what else is in some of these boxes.

sendagain

I had a box of frogs fall of the shelf once, and when i opened the back door at least 25 of them got away. It wasnt in my time allowance to chase them down and rebox.

They found a gator in a box some years back. I guess the package was acting oddly while coming down the belt. The mouth was duct taped shut if I remember right.

Sammie

Go to the UPS website. Download the UPS Tariff /Terms and Conditions.

Read it.

I promise it will answer 99.999% of every stupid question ever asked on this site.

Stupid questions....

Flippin' heck!!

There are no such thing as stupid questions but there are stupid answers.

Play nice!!:bored:

SmithBarney

Used to have a pet store on a route I loaded(only had to deliver it a couple times) once a week they would get 8-15 boxes of fish and tropical pants.
NDA COD... usually $1500-$2000 for FISH!

upsgrunt

Sonic air wouldn't even cost $650.00 would it? Sounds like this story has been embellished.

rod

Retired 22 years
I imagine I delivered lots of "plants" in my day. Some of the dudes living off the beaten trail were real happy when I showed up with their monthly package from California. FAR OUT MAN