Who should be more upset?

airops

Which of you are more upset with the pay bands? Those who are over the max and not getting raises or those who are getting a raise? I'm not getting one and I'm not happy about it. But it sure beats the alternative. Knowing that you were underpaid compared to a lot of others.

Xpartner

I am affected the same way as airops. I am disgruntled as well. This is the tip of the iceberg. Many good hard working and top achieving management who are not affected by being redlined are also getting screwed via the "new" QPR rules. If you are in good with your boss you get a good raise despite poor performance. The popularity contest has been brought to a new level.

UPS1907

Just a bad deal..

Basically raises are given to people who make less $$. They could be new, under performers, or just been screwed, while achievers who have earned raises and make more money get the shaft. Sounds like a great system. My QPR is pure junk now. 8hrs a day out the door. No moving misloads, running air. Nothing. Cya tmrrw. I just document when repercussions start.

brownIEman

Re: Just a bad deal..

I got no raise this year. Not really sure why as I was not ever given a salary review either. I have been around a long time, so I could be too high in my band. Since I had no salary review, I am not sure what band exactly I am in, as it will not be available on UPSers till sometime in June. Could be up now, don't know. I also may have not gotten a raise because of the new minimum QPR score required to get any raise. Apparently that little gem was not communicated well to my division and most of us had stretch goals, to say the least, on our QPRs. I was told about 30 full time and part time management in this division got no raise. Maybe I will get a piece of it back in a higher dividend from all the cost savings...

Bears repeating - bunch a jack holes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Bears...lol

This is who is "high pay band" and "leading" the company...;)

"Bears repeating" actually has nothing to do with the animal. Bear in this phrase means "able to support, carry, or hold" or in this case "Warrants".

Surely you did not think it should be Bares repeating. :eggonface:

That sounds like something Klein would comeback with! LOL

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Re: Just a bad deal..

I got no raise this year. Not really sure why as I was not ever given a salary review either. I have been around a long time, so I could be too high in my band. Since I had no salary review, I am not sure what band exactly I am in, as it will not be available on UPSers till sometime in June. Could be up now, don't know. I also may have not gotten a raise because of the new minimum QPR score required to get any raise. Apparently that little gem was not communicated well to my division and most of us had stretch goals, to say the least, on our QPRs. I was told about 30 full time and part time management in this division got no raise. Maybe I will get a piece of it back in a higher dividend from all the cost savings...

In a couple of years UPS will get it's payback for all this. To some extent, they already have.

I was actively looking to leave UPS in 2008 and luckily I couldn't get a better job offer.

I'll start looking again next year and hopefully in 2014, I'll be gone.

It's not so much that UPS is a terrible place to work but the old-timers here are so disgruntled.
It's an interesting mix. Some of the old-timers work 14 hours a day and the others are working 9 and out and not working that hard when they are here.
I can remember when I first came here, they all worked long hours and were very loyal to Brown.
Even the hard workers are sour on UPS but it appears old habits die hard.
They all seem trapped ... that is why I am getting out of here first chance I get.

UPS1907

In a couple of years UPS will get it's payback for all this. To some extent, they already have.

I was actively looking to leave UPS in 2008 and luckily I couldn't get a better job offer.

I'll start looking again next year and hopefully in 2014, I'll be gone.

It's not so much that UPS is a terrible place to work but the old-timers here are so disgruntled.
It's an interesting mix. Some of the old-timers work 14 hours a day and the others are working 9 and out and not working that hard when they are here.
I can remember when I first came here, they all worked long hours and were very loyal to Brown.
Even the hard workers are sour on UPS but it appears old habits die hard.
They all seem trapped ... that is why I am getting out of here first chance I get.[/QUOTE]

In time, after the last of the current brown bloods retire, it will all be 9 hrs and out. Either that or a vitual turnstile of employee turnover. That will be great for business.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
"Bears repeating" actually has nothing to do with the animal. Bear in this phrase means "able to support, carry, or hold" or in this case "Warrants".

Surely you did not think it should be Bares repeating. :eggonface:

That sounds like something Klein would comeback with! LOL

After googling it (without your assistance), because I doubted myself, it is "bear in mind". ;) I stand corrected.

sosocal

compensation administration is muddy at best in any organization - There will always be politics, subjectivity and inequality... I am not as concerned about the flaws in the new band-based system as I am the part it plays in the overall direction of the company. However, I cannot tell you how much I heard the phrase "without the possibility of a raise my only incentive is not to get fired." or something of that ilk. If you think about it there is no flaw to that logic....I find that unfortunate....But I will say this, although people are NOT working near the hours they used to or puting in the effort they once did...I do not see results any worse...conversely I see them getting better. Maybe we were fooling ourselves all those years....

curiousbrain

compensation administration is muddy at best in any organization - There will always be politics, subjectivity and inequality... I am not as concerned about the flaws in the new band-based system as I am the part it plays in the overall direction of the company. However, I cannot tell you how much I heard the phrase "without the possibility of a raise my only incentive is not to get fired." or something of that ilk. If you think about it there is no flaw to that logic....I find that unfortunate....But I will say this, although people are NOT working near the hours they used to or puting in the effort they once did...I do not see results any worse...conversely I see them getting better. Maybe we were fooling ourselves all those years....

Yet.

While some of you may work shorter hours, the slack is picked up by punting it all down to us lowly fellows. Not all, obviously, as there is a certain "line" that cannot be crossed; but, certainly a lot of it.

UPS1907

sosocal:979000 said:

Tell the Division Mgr 's that.