Why a 401(k) Will Yield You More Money Than a Pension

anonymous23456

"In 1997, UPS controlled more than 80% of the U.S. ground parcel market, according to estimates from consultancy ShipMatrix. Its two main competitors in the business-to-business segment — how most parcel traffic moved — were Airborne Express, with limited services compared to UPS, and Roadway Package System Inc. (RPS), a small but fast-growing company. FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) had no dedicated ground delivery network. The U.S. Postal Service focused on the business-to-consumer market, which was a fraction of what it is today because e-commerce didn’t exist.

At the time, UPS felt it could absorb a walkout — and the dislocations accompanying it — without much fallout. It reasoned customers would return because their alternatives were limited. Some post-strike business never returned to UPS – however, much of it did.

Many shippers didn’t think a strike would occur and failed to develop contingency plans far enough in advance. Enterprise shippers quite dependent on UPS moved some volumes elsewhere, but many chose to wait it out. They eventually went back.

Today, UPS controls about 50% of the total market, still a healthy share but not what it once was. The reason is clear: more and better competition."

DHL bought out Airborne Express.

80% to 50%! We have near monopoly? Let me tell you about LaserShip and Ontrac

"based regional shipping services provider OnTrac, announced they had entered into a definitive agreement to merge, with LaserShip acquiring OnTrac for $1.3 billion, the companies last week stated they are taking a major next step in the process."

ontrac-corporate-new-logo-service-area-april-2023.jpg

This move is a result of a 2021 transaction that brought LaserShip and OnTrac Logistics under shared ownership, creating the first coast-to-coast partner of choice for last-mile ecommerce deliveries.

By combining their complementary delivery footprints, with LaserShip covering the East Coast and OnTrac Logistics serving the West Coast, the companies have empowered retailers to reach consumers in the country’s most populated regions.

anonymous23456

We all should care about our retirements or near retirements or never retirement and let the young kids worrying about if UPS will be around or not.

"In 1997, UPS controlled more than 80% of the U.S. ground parcel market, according to estimates from consultancy ShipMatrix. Its two main competitors in the business-to-business segment — how most parcel traffic moved — were Airborne Express, with limited services compared to UPS, and Roadway Package System Inc. (RPS), a small but fast-growing company. FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) had no dedicated ground delivery network. The U.S. Postal Service focused on the business-to-consumer market, which was a fraction of what it is today because e-commerce didn’t exist.

At the time, UPS felt it could absorb a walkout — and the dislocations accompanying it — without much fallout. It reasoned customers would return because their alternatives were limited. Some post-strike business never returned to UPS – however, much of it did.

Many shippers didn’t think a strike would occur and failed to develop contingency plans far enough in advance. Enterprise shippers quite dependent on UPS moved some volumes elsewhere, but many chose to wait it out. They eventually went back.

Today, UPS controls about 50% of the total market, still a healthy share but not what it once was. The reason is clear: more and better competition."

DHL bought out Airborne Express.

80% to 50%! We have near monopoly? Let me tell you about LaserShip and Ontrac

"based regional shipping services provider OnTrac, announced they had entered into a definitive agreement to merge, with LaserShip acquiring OnTrac for $1.3 billion, the companies last week stated they are taking a major next step in the process."

ontrac-corporate-new-logo-service-area-april-2023.jpg

This move is a result of a 2021 transaction that brought LaserShip and OnTrac Logistics under shared ownership, creating the first coast-to-coast partner of choice for last-mile ecommerce deliveries.

By combining their complementary delivery footprints, with LaserShip covering the East Coast and OnTrac Logistics serving the West Coast, the companies have empowered retailers to reach consumers in the country’s most populated regions.
Have you ever seen any LaserShip drivers and their broken down vehicles?

anonymous23456

Have you ever seen any LaserShip drivers and their broken down vehicles?
I haven't seen any of them in my neighborhood to be honest. I see a lot of FedEx and Amazon. Amazon guys are everywhere! Amazon is 7 days a week and late into the evening! Not my fault when I buy stuff from Amazon. They just ship out from their warehouse in the next day!

I haven't seen any of them in my neighborhood to be honest. I see a lot of FedEx and Amazon. Amazon guys are everywhere! Amazon is 7 days a week and late into the evening! Not my fault when I buy stuff from Amazon. They just ship out from their warehouse in the next day!
Always some fat white broad drive around with her baby daddy doing a little bit of work

Distro the packages everywhere and keep going
They make FedEx ground look good

anonymous23456

Maybe UPS should buy a company that competes with Amazon and hires "IVE GOTTA" to be their clothing sourcing division supervisor. He'll take care of the guys with big breasts. :lol:

Thebrownblob

I understand clearly, you don't appreciate what you have.
Could it bee more?
Could the union bargain you guys into riches, or into the streets?
What would be your hourly rate without all the benefits?
$75/hr?? 100/hr?

Sure the union bargained for it all. Got it.
But the company is the spigot. You got zip if it's closed.
The biggest Teamster union has some big ass balls, but one day there're gonna get removed.
You keep saying appreciate like we should be bowing down? That’s weird.

I think the word would be proud of our accomplishments so far and only asking for our share of the previous five years growth.
I don’t know exactly what the amount is the negotiating team is asking when I do know I will decide then if it’s appropriate or not with my vote.

You keep saying appreciate like we should be bowing down? That’s weird.

I think the word would be proud of our accomplishments so far and only asking for our share of the previous five years growth.
I don’t know exactly what the amount is the negotiating team is asking when I do know I will decide then if it’s appropriate or not with my vote.
I want a turkey andy retro turkeys or I'm walking

Thebrownblob

I'm just waiting for stink 219 to reappear
As far as we know they haven’t asked for anything as far as money, only language to be fixed that has caused a lot of grief for both sides with forced overtime and staffing issues, and this guy is acting like we’re asking for them to open up Fort Knox, and give us everything.

Family

The package delivery driver is essentially a small business enterprise. Corporate wants to devalue the position and take the spoils. Suck eggs.