Why adding delivery drivers to your holiday shopping list is a sweet idea: 'You feel appreciated and loved'

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
In this day and age they must live under a rock if they don't know UPS drivers are paid well.
I never knew until I joined this site. Pay wasn’t something any UPS drivers I knew ever brought up. Last I’d heard you guys were making like $2 an hour more than us and the Teamsters were bleeding you dry with dues. Too busy living my life to worry about what someone else earned. Lol.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
In this day and age they must live under a rock if they don't know UPS drivers are paid well.
Most people knew I was well paid with good benefits. A lot of shipper/receivers were envious and jealous. Many would never help me in any way because of it.

Last edited:

Captain Qwark

"I don't deserve these bulbous buttocks."
Most people knew I was well paid with good benefits. A lot of shipper/receivers were envious and jealous. Many would never help me in any way because of it.
I remember one time I had a package that was big, awkward and very heavy. I was thinking about how I was going to get it on my hand truck and to the door when the guy came out, stood at the top of his porch (steps involved) and said "need a hand with that?" I replied "yeah, that'd be great." He was fully expecting me to say no and waited for me to struggle getting it up the porch and to the door when he said "I couldn't find my shoes." I got a kind of envious/jealous vibe from him. Yeah, you can sometimes sense that from customers.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I remember one time I had a package that was big, awkward and very heavy. I was thinking about how I was going to get it on my hand truck and to the door when the guy came out, stood at the top of his porch (steps involved) and said "need a hand with that?" I replied "yeah, that'd be great." He was fully expecting me to say no and waited for me to struggle getting it up the porch and to the door when he said "I couldn't find my shoes." I got a kind of envious/jealous vibe from him. Yeah, you can sometimes sense that from customers.
You should have asked him if he looked up his ass for them.
They’re out there no doubt. Usually they say stuff like ‘ you guys make good money’. Yeah, and we sit around all day on our asses like you too. SMH

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
we tip everyone who serves us year round. bottled water and snacks is very much appreciated.

either we leave the goods in the mailbox or the trash cans for the trash pick up people
or in an open box on the walkway.