Why are futures turned on?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Like it or hate it. The blame game has been part of Express culture since the beginning. It gets its roots in the airline industry. Its just that a lot of other things used to come with it like performance coaching, values, a concept of employee fairness, and a strict set of rules.
Your Ops Manager is doing your Senior Manager's job, taking heat for employees poor performance

Hmm. Who should take the heat for your employee's performance?

or a bad engineering plan, being blamed for everything under the sun and doing MT3's 2 checkrides a week.
There isn't a lot of time for old school coaching any more. Its easier to just issue some OLCCs and put them on your bosses desk. A lot of Ops Manager's shield their employees from a lot
Some Ops Managers have it good, but most don't. I'm not complaining. We chose to be in management in hopes that someday we would be the ones shoving our work down and sometimes we even say to ourselves when we make Senior we won't treat our Ops Manager's like that but the truth of the matter is its a machine that has been cranking out the same product since the 90s with more and more gears missing.
I know. Cry me a river. I got out of the insanity of it even though I loved it but hopefully this will give you another perspective.

We get it, nothing was your fault. You washed out.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's not difficult. It probably seems difficult to someone who has never had to do it or did it, but wasn't any good.
Yes, I understand that when the only person you’re taking care of is yourself, it becomes real easy.

Explains your position.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Yes, I understand that when the only person you’re taking care of is yourself, it becomes real easy.

Explains your position.

As I was saying about the perception coming from people who never had the ability to do it...

My position is that I'm responsible for the actions of anyone that I manage. Communicate clearly, treat people fairly, apply discipline when it's warranted, and keep expectations high and you will have it made.

SmithBarney

I care, you are now ignored... my favorite feature. ;) You've been futured.. forever see you never, have fun talking to OF. your "no one cares" bs is old and worn.

TNT Frosty

Yep Doing what I do better than most. Delivering packages. Let me work a few hours a week and keep my full benefits. It's a great gig.

Thought you a "trailer" hauler, not a "straight truck"... mind I ask what you do for work?... not being smart ass, its a question, as well, I do find all aspects interesting, and it may make me understand more.
Cheers.

Oldfart

Thought you a "trailer" hauler, not a "straight truck"... mind I ask what you do for work?... not being smart ass, its a question, as well, I do find all aspects interesting, and it may make me understand more.
Cheers.
I was an RTD, tractor trailer driver for 30 something years. Drove a bob truck, straight truck during that time as well. Went part time last october and now deliver the First Overnight packages 3 days a week.