Why is FZ, REALLY so angry ?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I have a few questions.

First, is this Kroger's warehouse employees, truck drivers, or store employees?
In my Local they are actually called Zenith Logistics, and while there is still a significant number of warehouse employees, the truck drivers are all but extinct.
There have been no new drivers in at least a decade, as "temps" move the rest.
As I understand it, all Teamster drivers will be eliminated through attrition.
The warehouse employees here are vastly disgruntled and underpaid.
Is it possible that Kroger's has been successful in dissecting our bargaining power by contracting work out to entities like "Zenith Logistics"?

Secondly, if the above scenario is not the case in other Local's beside 89 and mine, why hasn't the IBT taken "the bull by the horns" and signed Kroger's to a National Contract?

I'm willing to bet that the "Kroger's" issues detailed by -Bug-, aren't exclusive to Local 89.

Any takers?

~Bbbl~
Guessing there are no takers on the wager?

Instigator

T
Seriously 64 cents for 6 years for Kroger employees ..this almost seems like a joke...why would the membership even vote a pathetic contract like that even in???
They are not Kroger employees. They are Transervice. That contract was ratified by 100% of the members. They receive 100% paid Health care which they didn't receive under Hoffa's Kroger National Contract. They have no layoff provisions which mean if there was a layoff the company would pay them 40 hours a week plus benefits. They have retiree Health benefits paid by the company at 50 years old that are better than Hoffa negotiated with Kroger and better than R-4 coverage. They have a severance plan that most contracts don't have. And the list goes on and on. The members are very happy with it by ratifying it 100% so why is it an issue wit you. It was a much better contract than Hoffa negotiated for Kroger employees.

5habits100

T

They are not Kroger employees. They are Transervice. That contract was ratified by 100% of the members. They receive 100% paid Health care which they didn't receive under H's Kroger National Contract. They have no layoff provisions which mean if there was a layoff the company would pay them 40 hours a week plus benefits. They have retiree Health benefits paid by the company at 50 years old that are better than H negotiated with Kroger and better than R-4 coverage. They have a severance plan that most contracts don't have. And the list goes on and on. The members are very happy with it by ratifying it 100% so why is it an issue wit you. It was a much better contract than H negotiated for Kroger employees.
You forgot everyone got a free puppy.

ezmoney5150

Under H Jr., pension fund after pension fund is failing.

H Jr. has done nothing to even try and help.

That beats the hell out of you getting all of your money, interest free, after 9 whole months.

What would have happened if the Zuck was the GP? Oh, yeah. The same thing. Ron Carey pushing the fund for "and outs" and higher pension amounts. That didn't contribute.? Especially as CF, Preston, etc. were in bad financial shape?

Another TDU screw up.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What would have happened if the Zuck was the GP? Oh, yeah. The same thing. Ron Carey pushing the fund for "and outs" and higher pension amounts. That didn't contribute.? Especially as CF, Preston, etc. were in bad financial shape?

Another TDU screw up.
See, this is where you lose us???

On one hand you say Ron Carey is, and subsequently FZ will be, culpable for Teamster pension problems, while H Jr somehow has had no control or culpability himself as our General President for the past 17 years of pension failures.

:bsbullf:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They are not Kroger employees. They are Transervice.

"December 6, 2006: Just one year into a six-year contract with Local 89, Kroger announced it would sell the warehouse to Zenith Logistics and the transportation operations to Transervice Logistics."

Kroger Teamsters Fight to Protect Jobs, Contract

Approved by FZ ?

He was the Local Union President.

They receive 100% paid Health care which they didn't receive under H's Kroger National Contract.

Kroger has a "National" contract with the Teamsters ?

Um....

The UFCW would take exception, with that statement.

It was a much better contract than H negotiated for Kroger employees.

Who was the lead negotiator from Local 89 ?

He's been the Principal Officer of that Local, for how many years ?

On one hand you say Ron Carey is, and subsequently FZ will be, culpable for Teamster pension problems, while H Jr somehow has had no control or culpability himself as our General President for the past 17 years of pension failures.

Over 90%.... of 1300 multi-employer pension plans, are under funded.

The latest in the news (for the last 9 months) has been the United Mine Workers.

Carey certainly started the ball rolling. Blaming JH, is beyond shortsighted.

I continually ask;

What is FZ's plan ?? .... and why won't he say ??

It's all TDU political "smoke and mirrors".

-Bug-

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

Another TDU screw up.
So none of the Presidents (past and future) have no say about our pensions?

Then who does?

Instigator

"December 6, 2006: Just one year into a six-year contract with Local 89, Kroger announced it would sell the warehouse to Zenith Logistics and the transportation operations to Transervice Logistics."

Approved by FZ ?

Um....

The latest in the news (for the last 9 months) has been the United Mine Workers.

I continually ask;

-Bug-
Too bad you talk in circles. Kroger does have a National Contract with the IBT for its warehouses and dairies. But I believe you already know that. The UFCW represents the stores but you know that also don't you?

T

They are not Kroger employees. They are Transervice. That contract was ratified by 100% of the members. They receive 100% paid Health care which they didn't receive under H's Kroger National Contract. They have no layoff provisions which mean if there was a layoff the company would pay them 40 hours a week plus benefits. They have retiree Health benefits paid by the company at 50 years old that are better than H negotiated with Kroger and better than R-4 coverage. They have a severance plan that most contracts don't have. And the list goes on and on. The members are very happy with it by ratifying it 100% so why is it an issue wit you. It was a much better contract than H negotiated for Kroger employees.
First of I don't think H negotiationed that contract. Second there is no way I'm n hell 100% of the teamsters ever agreed on anything with a higher vote than 15 employees. Prove the 100%.

Approved by FZ ?

Um....

I continually ask;

-Bug-
Oh snap you just broke out your whopping stick!!!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
It takes guts, to go out and campaign with members you don't know. ;)

FZ and his cronies, rely on the TDU tactics of photoshop, lame memes, and mis-direction.

And, they will lose.... once again.

-Bug-
I rewatched the debate. It's true that you miss a lot when you first watch something like that. FZ is an absolute horrible liar. It's so comical