Why is it called a "Pittsburg"?

Raventek

Gentlemen,

Out of intrest, and simply due to the fact that none of my Scandinavien colleges knows the answer, I hope that someone at the browncafe can tell me why the employee record is called a Pittsburg?
The silly rumors will have it that its because it first came into place in Pittsburg... What do I know... Any chance one of you guys can enlighten me please.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
From what I've come to understand over the years is that it derives it's name from the name of the company that manufactures the actual file that the form is kept in.

PittsburghBinding.com

Raventek

Gents,
Needless to say, I am very disappointed with the fact that it wasn’t a energetic Supervisor at the center in Pittsburg, nor a cool supervisor called Pittsburg behind the.. Pittsburg… But a company that specializes in print finishing and binding… the world seems so small now… Thanks for the answer.

S

splozi

I guess it's the same reason why everyone calls any brand of facial tissue a Kleenex.

rod

Retired 22 years
It should have been renamed long ago to the "we never forget anything that you do wrong but we don't know how to tell a person they are doing a good job" file.

Leftinbuilding

It should have been renamed long ago to the "we never forget anything that you do wrong but we don't know how to tell a person they are doing a good job" file.

Or shortened to: "Doesn't matter, you are wrong" file.

FWIW...in almost 36 years of employment with UPS, I had never heard of the "Pittsburg" file. Maybe a regional thing?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Or shortened to: "Doesn't matter, you are wrong" file.

FWIW...in almost 36 years of employment with UPS, I had never heard of the "Pittsburg" file. Maybe a regional thing?

It's very possible. It seems as though each individual operating center is its own franchise around here. Irregardless, it exists in one form or another for everyone (except for maybe Upstate :wink2:). I've seen mine, and it's pretty thin which I suppose is good. There's guys in our center that have two because dang it, they just can't seem to do anything right. :yapyapyapf:

CaliforniaPaul

It's very possible. It seems as though each individual operating center is its own franchise around here. Irregardless, it exists in one form or another for everyone (except for maybe Upstate :wink2:). I've seen mine, and it's pretty thin which I suppose is good. There's guys in our center that have two because dang it, they just can't seem to do anything right. :yapyapyapf:

They had "Pittsburgh" in 1964 when I started.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Ok, I'm confused!?!??! What is this Pittsburg deal we are talking about? I thought at first it was about the craphole town in western PA with an "h" at the end.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
True Dat!!!

I actually vacation to Pittsburgh one or two weekends a year. I grew up a huge Pirates and Steelers fan, wife (girlfriend at the time) and I visited for the first time when we were 17, and have gone back at least once every year since. We love the city.

Harrisburg isn't that bad. My cousin attended Messiah College which I think is maybe 10 miles outside of Harrisburg. Visited her there a few times, where we were was a nice quiet area.