Why is the MSM encouraged to lie instead of report?

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Lots of talk recently about some members of the MSM being sued for lies told about Rittenhouse. Suddenly it seems they are, for whatever reason, open season for getting sued? Why now? They've been lying for half a century. Perhaps worse is the way they DON'T report ie omit REAL news such as the entire Russian hoax debunked and the multiple lies uncovered about Rittenhouse. Sick people.

vantexan

They can steer a narrative a certain way but if they cross the line and defame someone openly they can be sued. If you defame someone nationally to where they may have trouble getting work in the future, and you're a wealthy corporation, chances are you are going to shell out big bucks after being proven wrong. Rittenhouse isn't the first to sue for libel and get paid well. Richard Jewell, George Zimmerman, and Nick Sandmann among others got big settlements.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
So the claim of a Russian "pee-pee" tape doesn't qualify.
The MSM is horrible. I can't wait for someone here to defend them.

rickyb

Lots of talk recently about some members of the MSM being sued for lies told about Rittenhouse. Suddenly it seems they are, for whatever reason, open season for getting sued? Why now? They've been lying for half a century. Perhaps worse is the way they DON'T report ie omit REAL news such as the entire Russian hoax debunked and the multiple lies uncovered about Rittenhouse. Sick people.
They are in bed with the govt and their advertisers so it affects wat they can say

Its no mystery that trump, biden, hillary, bush are garbage but the media makes it out to be

Box Ox

The evil cabal orders the MSM to make up stuff about a 17 year old kid to piss America off.
Duh.
You guys need to get a grip. They got you all hook, line and sinker. Sucking on the boob.
“IM MAD! IM MAD ABOUT THIS!”

Sure they did. And so the MSM tried to gush lies about the Rittenhouse “black ally protester murders” to reinforce the systemic racism narrative that Democrats and their race-hustling minions here on BC and elsewhere are always pushing in the hope of furthering their political objectives.

You guys do need to get a grip.

Your masters LOVE it when you question the intentions of your fellow Americans.
They love it when you bash your own people. Nice work!

Isn’t that what you hard leftists are all about?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
They can steer a narrative a certain way but if they cross the line and defame someone openly they can be sued. If you defame someone nationally to where they may have trouble getting work in the future, and you're a wealthy corporation, chances are you are going to shell out big bucks after being proven wrong. Rittenhouse isn't the first to sue for libel and get paid well. Richard Jewell, George Zimmerman, and Nick Sandmann among others got big settlements.
Who did Zimmerman settle a lawsuit with

vantexan

I cant seem to find any that he settled with, all I could find was this.

"On December 4, 2019, Zimmerman sued the Martin family and others involved in the trial for $100 million on grounds of false evidence and abuse of process.[79] On February 18, 2020, Zimmerman filed a defamation lawsuit for $265 million against Pete Buttigieg and Elizabeth Warren.[80]"
Looking up his net worth it's claimed he's worth $10 million. If true someone gave him money. Lawsuits can have undisclosed settlements.