Why I've Found Cause To Hope Trump Gets the Nomination

wkmac

No, I think he's detestable too but then I think every republican and democrat is detestable so there you go. ;)

What I'm enjoying about "The Donald" is the loyalty crisis he is creating within the Republican party. You know, that party what went around making a BIG DEAL about supporting whoever the nominee is but now we see this and this. And this doesn't include comments from folks like Lindsey Graham and John Kasich to some similar effect. So fascinating this is as we are 100 years later from the last days of the Bull Moose Party and the Wildcat run of Theodore Roosevelt and now we see history repeating itself.

But beyond republican hypocrisy, not that democrats are not oozing with it either, what I'll enjoy most about Trump getting the nomination is first, watching all the corp. sleeze and Wall Street welfare queens flock to the democrats, not that they aren't already but the rushing water will be to much to hide. Second, the tired, old, worn out argument that voting outside the 2 main parties is throwing away your vote goes out the window. Another argument is the false dilemma that you have to vote for the lesser evil in the only 2 options given.

Taking the LONG VIEW, Trump and these anti-Trump republicans may actually for once do something that is a great benefit and service to humanity. They will themselves undermine their own myth they've sold for years that voting 3rd party or independent candidate is throwing away your vote. It also demonstrates the idea of voting principle, granted their idea of principle is detestable but it is a principle none the less.

So for the long term benefit to America and the common folk, Go Trump!
;)

newfie

There are currently many more then 2 options available. A broad spectrum of candidates that all have their negatives. Other then hitting the lottery and finding that one candidate that mirrors your belief system would you not at some point have to vote for a lesser evil? Or should I pout and not participate until my god with my belief system happens to appear?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Latest poll has Trump jumping out to a double digit lead over Cruz and the boys. He just keeps picking up steam.

BrownArmy

Me too. And for some reason I can't shake the idea that Bill and Hillary are in on it.

A popular conspiracy theory: the Donald is a secret Dem operative, and the entire show is a sham to hand the election to Hillary.

Which is ridiculous, unless he wins the Pub nomination and gets soundly defeated by Clinton, in which case the tin-foil hat crowd won't ever shut up.

Can't win for losing.

bbsam

Staff member
A popular conspiracy theory: the Donald is a secret Dem operative, and the entire show is a sham to hand the election to Hillary.

Which is ridiculous, unless he wins the Pub nomination and gets soundly defeated by Clinton, in which case the tin-foil hat crowd won't ever shut up.

Can't win for losing.
It's absolutely ludicrous and completely unbelievable. Just a feeling...like this is all just a goofy popularity contest that the rich and famous don't take really seriously when it comes to your life and mine with the decisions they make.

Suddenly it's more believable than ever.

BrownArmy

It's absolutely ludicrous and completely unbelievable. Just a feeling...like this is all just a goofy popularity contest that the rich and famous don't take really seriously when it comes to your life and mine with the decisions they make.

Suddenly it's more believable than ever.

As in, behind the scenes they're all relaxing? They're the best of friends in the rich club, and it doesn't much matter who actually wins?

Yes, I've had that thought as well.

newfie

Can't win for losing.
How do you lose if your candidate wins?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Watch NH Primary .
Who will ship in for the day more voters ?
Hillary's will come from NY , two states away or Bernie who is next door ?

The Mass. Militia will be filming all Mass State House license plates traveling north on that day .

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watch NH Primary .
Who will ship in for the day more voters ?
Hillary's will come from NY , two states away or Bernie who is next door ?
The Mass. Militia will be filming all Mass State House license plates traveling north on that day .
Sounds exciting....

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Most polls have shown Sanders does better against Trump than Hillary.... not sure the DNC will wake up to that fact in time to save themselves from the Trump reality show.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
life would be interesting for the next 4 years with trump in the white house. anyway congress would put the handcuffs on him if he wanted to do anything outrageous.

he had me when he says "hillary lies all the time."

1st true statement in politics in 100 years.

wkmac

life would be interesting for the next 4 years with trump in the white house. anyway congress would put the handcuffs on him if he wanted to do anything outrageous.

It's a half true statement in reality because he limited it to Hillary. Remember the ole adage of politicians and lips moving? ;)

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Of course Hillary lies, she's a politician. Trump doesn't say alot about policy but when he does it usually isn't true. He is one who shouldn't be throwing stones.