Will layoffs decline at UPS from Temu/Shein order surge?

Thebrownblob

Temu is good for children clothes for play, party decorations and counterfeit Lego sets.
I mean, I guess if you hate your kids……

“Beyond the visible environmental impact lies another hidden health danger: chemicals. Reports reveal elevated levels of lead, PFAS, and phthalates in fast fashion items. Temu’s products, like those of its peers, harbor these toxins. In fact, Health Canada revealed that a Shein children’s jacket contained more than 20 times the allowable amount of lead for children’s products. Beneath the allure of a $1 necklace is the true price we pay for affordability: our health.”

100%ORIONComplianceGuy

25+ Year UPSer and Teamster
My daughter, and sometimes wife, likes to order from SHEIN. Not Temu yet though. I don’t care what who the shippers are as long as they boost our business and provide jobs. And bringing people back from layoff is a plus as well.

Personally, I have not found one single thing at either website that I have wanted to order.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
1000002747.png

sorry we don't have the hub capacity to deal with any surge of anything, gonna have to dump it in Lake Michigan

DOK

I guess being in a small building I don’t get to see what goes on around the rest of ups, no layoffs here, we need more people.