Will this thread open?

Express Courier

OK, this one seems to work fine so I'll just post again in here..

Is this the best FedEx forum on the net? lol Seems pretty ironic that it would be here..

I've looked around the net here and there for a few years and I've concluded this is the best free place to talk about FedEx. Is that accurate?

Let's see, there is the FedEx Examiner place which can be pretty good for reading but you have to pay a fee to post there. Not gonna pay to post. Also it seems like everything is negative on those forums, which I can sort of understand but it gets kind of annoying after a while.

So is this it? Not sure why FedEx wouldn't have a free forum out there like here.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, this one seems to work fine so I'll just post again in here..

Is this the best FedEx forum on the net? lol Seems pretty ironic that it would be here..

I've looked around the net here and there for a few years and I've concluded this is the best free place to talk about FedEx. Is that accurate?

Let's see, there is the FedEx Examiner place which can be pretty good for reading but you have to pay a fee to post there. Not gonna pay to post. Also it seems like everything is negative on those forums, which I can sort of understand but it gets kind of annoying after a while.

So is this it? Not sure why FedEx wouldn't have a free forum out there like here.

Keep in mind that this forum is not sponsored or endorsed by UPS. I have only been here since Oct 07 so perhaps some of the members who have been here longer can talk more about the history of Brown Cafe.

I enjoy reading the FedEx posts as I have learned a lot about the company by doing so. I do get frustrated with Mr Fed Ex and Fed Ex All The Way and their seemingly endless and increasingly pointless arguments but, other than that, I do find it to be informative. We have a UPS driver (New Englander) who used to be a FedEx driver so it is interesting to read his take on things.

I think you will enjoy your time spent here.

Express Courier

Yeah I understand that this isn't an official UPS site and whatnot. I am surprised though that there's not a similar message board for FedEx out there. You would think an employee would have started a board by now.. well besides that pay one I mentioned earlier.

Anyway, I guess this is the place for me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Welcome. The FedExaminer site does not have a fee, but you should be aware that it is run by the Teamsters. All you need is a valid email address, and you're free to register and post.That said, I post there frequently too, and you can say pretty much whatever you want. They're set-up like this site, with moderators who step-in if you go too far. The Teamsters don't say anything there, and leave the site alone.

FedExAllTheWay and I are diametrically opposed to each other. I'm a very senior hourly who openly supports FedEx going union. FedExAllThe Way is supposedly the wife of a FedEx Express manager, and loves Fred S and everything he says and does. I don't like the squabbling either, but I'm not going to sit idly by and let "her" spread the FedEx PR manure. There are a few UPSers that like to interject their opinion, several of whom have worked for both companies. It makes for some interesting exchanges.

Whatever your take, welcome, and please partake in the discussions. If you want pure FedEx input from fellow employees, the FedExaminer site is a better choice.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Never have worked for FedEx, but do hang out with some of you guys at times. Feel free to roam around this site, hope you enjoy your stay.

Express Courier

Welcome. The FedExaminer site does not have a fee, but you should be aware that it is run by the Teamsters. All you need is a valid email address, and you're free to register and post.That said, I post there frequently too, and you can say pretty much whatever you want. They're set-up like this site, with moderators who step-in if you go too far. The Teamsters don't say anything there, and leave the site alone.

FedExAllTheWay and I are diametrically opposed to each other. I'm a very senior hourly who openly supports FedEx going union. FedExAllThe Way is supposedly the wife of a FedEx Express manager, and loves Fred S and everything he says and does. I don't like the squabbling either, but I'm not going to sit idly by and let "her" spread the FedEx PR manure. There are a few UPSers that like to interject their opinion, several of whom have worked for both companies. It makes for some interesting exchanges.

Whatever your take, welcome, and please partake in the discussions. If you want pure FedEx input from fellow employees, the FedExaminer site is a better choice.

Well this is the message I get when I try to post there..
You currently have a preview membership.
You can remove this restriction for a one time $12 donation and help support this site.

Pretty much the reason I'm here. :happy2:

Express Courier

Thanks for the welcome, Steve. I chat it up with the UPS guys on my routes when I can. It's funny when people notice us talking and make comments about it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Same here, as a matter of fact, both the Ground and Express guys have helped me carry pkgs into stops before.

Here's my buddy.
attachment.php

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Well this is the message I get when I try to post there..

Pretty much the reason I'm here. :happy2:

Maybe they changed recently, but I just went to the site and checked....only the "Premium Content" requires money. The basic deal is still free...that's what I have. This site is great too.

over9five

Staff member
My other thread seems to be un-openable or something.

Welcome to BrownCafe, Express Courier! Not sure what happened to your other thread, but it sure didn't work.

Read your concern about the Fedex forum being a negative place. I hope you're here to start turning that around, good luck!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And Steve just showed us again our uniforms do look better

Yes they do. That's what you get when you pay some big-name flamer designer (Stan Herman) to give your company a distinct "look". He succeeded,and our uniforms look ridiculous. It's better than the red and yellow clowns, but not by much. I think Mr Herman is also responsible for some equally ugly airline uniforms. Quite a talented guy.

drewed

Shankman
Well it is a distinct look and it was meant to grab attention(dont worry it does) but the founders had a great idea with the simplicity of brown.

Express Courier

Yes, that is a great picture, Steve!

Welcome to BrownCafe, Express Courier! Not sure what happened to your other thread, but it sure didn't work.

Read your concern about the Fedex forum being a negative place. I hope you're here to start turning that around, good luck!

I may not be a heavy poster but I can guarantee you I'm not gonna be in here whining about my job constantly. That does not mean I won't at some point though! :happy2:

Oh and MrFedEx..
Maybe they changed recently, but I just went to the site and checked....only the "Premium Content" requires money. The basic deal is still free...that's what I have. This site is great too.

I can read threads there and have for a couple years but I am unable to post a reply to anything unless I pay. I have had a registered name there and have to login to view the threads.. so I guess adding a reply is a premium deal.

FedEx All the Way!

He has access to all - what a man! He's smart, intelligent and knows everything about employees and companies. Why should we even ask, why is he working for a company he hates! Go figure!

Last edited:

FedEx All the Way!

He has access to all - what a man! He's smart, intelligent and knows everything about employees and companies. Then why ask "why is he working for a company he hates! Go figure!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
He has access to all - what a man! He's smart, intelligent and knows everything about employees and companies. Then why ask "why is he working for a company he hates! Go figure!

Of course I do. Here's a hypothetical question. If Fred asked you to jump-off a building, would you do it? Better yet, what if I asked you to do it for him?

I work for a company I "hate" because I'm simultaneously trying to make a living and improve working conditions. Simple and logical. Have your "VIH" explain it to you.