Winter isnt over Louisville

watdaflock?

"Somewhere in Kentucky — and we're not sure where — will most likely get a foot or more," said Ron Steve, a weather service meteorologist.
Snow should start to fall Wednesday morning and continue off and on, until it picks up late Wednesday afternoon and early evening. At times, the snowfall could be as heavy as an inch an hour, Steve said. The snow will finally abate sometime Thursday.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...2015/03/03/louisville-forecast-snow/24314465/

If Kentucky gets a foot of snow, Louisville is doomed.

Re-Raise

Seriously the only thing I hate about this job is driving in dangerous conditions.

I don't mind the cold, heat or anything else. The physical part of the job doesn't bother me because I am in pretty much the same shape I was in when I started this job 29 years ago.

Today we got a 1/10 of an inch of freezing rain. I was driving down a hard road with cinders on it and turned onto a gravel road that was an unbelievable sheet of ice. I went straight into the ditch on the other side.

Any day that I can just drive to the places I have to deliver is a good day.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Seriously the only thing I hate about this job is driving in dangerous conditions.

I don't mind the cold, heat or anything else. The physical part of the job doesn't bother me because I am in pretty much the same shape I was in when I started this job 29 years ago.

Today we got a 1/10 of an inch of freezing rain. I was driving down a hard road with cinders on it and turned onto a gravel road that was an unbelievable sheet of ice. I went straight into the ditch on the other side.

Any day that I can just drive to the places I have to deliver is a good day.
I don't like it either dude, especially the ice, scary as :censored2: for real. Its to the point anymore honestly, if I wake up in the morning n walk out to the road, to check things out and if its a sheet of ice, ill turn right around and walk my punkazz back to the house and just call out. I don't care anymore, just not worth it really dude. Plus the fact I live 35 miles from the center and live out in the country from the highway and they always plow out here last, they know the longasczz ride I got just to get there. I think their at the point where they know ill call out in a hot second in super bad weather, cause they know how far I live and where my house is. Plus the fact I never call out sick or hardly ever take off, and they know the only time I call out is in really inclimate weather. Don't bust my ballz bout that at all anymore, which is really cool but at same time VERY WEIRD lmfao.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Better them than us.

We've had almost no snow this winter. Cold as all hell, but no snow. I just want one blizzard day to get us off. Then I'm good for the year.

"Somewhere in Kentucky — and we're not sure where — will most likely get a foot or more," said Ron Steve, a weather service meteorologist.
Snow should start to fall Wednesday morning and continue off and on, until it picks up late Wednesday afternoon and early evening. At times, the snowfall could be as heavy as an inch an hour, Steve said. The snow will finally abate sometime Thursday.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...2015/03/03/louisville-forecast-snow/24314465/

If Kentucky gets a foot of snow, Louisville is doomed.
Snow is beautiful

oldngray

nowhere special
The reason UPS put its air hub in Louisville (and FedEx chose Memphis) wasn't because of good weather but because of fewest bad weather days.

watdaflock?

The stats from NOAA show 11 days per year on average with over an inch of snow? Almost 5 days over 3 inches.
That average does not shut down airports. An inch a hour or a foot+ does.

The reason UPS put its air hub in Louisville (and FedEx chose Memphis) wasn't because of good weather but because of fewest bad weather days.
It's also one of the farthest Western places still in Eastern Standard Time along with being South.