Witnessed the end of it all today

rod

Retired 22 years
While taking a load of aluminum cans into the recycle/scrap yard today I came out of the office just in time to see my old UPS truck (It was brand new when I got it in the mid 90's) being hauled in by a wrecker. All identification numbers and logos had been painted over but someone had spray painted the vehicle number on the side of it. (Probably so the wrecker guy would hook onto the right POS ) . I had to laugh at getting to witness its final trip. Adios you :censored2:.

Last edited by a moderator:

moreluck

golden ticket member
While taking a load of aluminum cans into the recycle/scrap yard today I came out of the office just in time to see my old UPS truck (It was brand new when I got it in the mid 90's) being hauled in by a wrecker. All identification numbers and logos had been painted over but someone had spray painted the vehicle number on the side of it. (Probably so the wrecker guy would hook onto the right POS ) . I had to laugh at getting to witness its final trip. Adios you :censored2:.
Did you salute ??

upschuck

You must have rode that thing hard, for it only to last 20 years.

rod

Retired 22 years
You must have rode that thing hard, for it only to last 20 years.

22 years. They don't build them like they used to build the old P-600's and 800's. The old P-800 I drove in the late 70's to the mid 90's is probably still in the line up today.

Knothead

Yep.
This was my first package car all stripped down and ready to be sent to the crusher. I'll admit that I was a bit sad to see it go.
0110170820_HDR.jpg