Work shoes over boots for package handler?

mikestuh

I start soon as a package handler and was told work boots are required. I have reebok work shoes that are slip resistant and have composite toe. Will this be fine? They have all the features as work boots but are just work shoes. Thanks for the response
I've been working preload for almost 2 years now. I wore those exact same rebook work shoes with the composite toe without any issues from my management until about 5 months ago when I rolled my ankle stepping out of the truck and they wrote me up for not having leather upper boots. I tore ligaments and messed up my tendons in my ankle and after months of rehab I'm still in pain and the doctor wants to do surgery now so that means even more time out of work. My advice would be to wear leather upper boots because they will save you from a sprain like mine.

I've been working preload for almost 2 years now. I wore those exact same rebook work shoes with the composite toe without any issues from my management until about 5 months ago when I rolled my ankle stepping out of the truck and they wrote me up for not having leather upper boots. I tore ligaments and messed up my tendons in my ankle and after months of rehab I'm still in pain and the doctor wants to do surgery now so that means even more time out of work. My advice would be to wear leather upper boots because they will save you from a sprain like mine.
Leather upper boots isn’t a guarantee you won’t tear ligaments. Basketball players wear high tops and roll their ankles. Work shoes are allowed as long as theyre no slip.

Box Ox

I start soon as a package handler and was told work boots are required. I have reebok work shoes that are slip resistant and have composite toe. Will this be fine? They have all the features as work boots but are just work shoes. Thanks for the response

Work boots wouldn't have worked for me when I was a preloader. Too heavy, too hot and too far up the leg. Always wore composite toe work shoes and still wouldn't use anything else.

D

Deleted member 77202

'They' say to dress for the job you want.

You are on probation as a new Package Handler, so buy some Timberland-like work boots, and remember, you get what you pay for when it comes to boots.
Shop around, and you'll find some decent ones that won't cost a fortune.

Steel-toed boots aren't required, however, if you can afford them, it won't hurt (pun intended) to wear them.

There's one thing that no one tells you to wear to work on your first day as a Package Handler: GLOVES.
Buy the grippy kind. YOU WILL NEED THEM !

Dress in layers, and don't wear anything you don't want ruined.

FreedomOne

Get some wedge sole work boots.

KevinWhipaloo

'They' say to dress for the job you want.

You are on probation as a new Package Handler, so buy some Timberland-like work boots, and remember, you get what you pay for when it comes to boots.
Shop around, and you'll find some decent ones that won't cost a fortune.

Steel-toed boots aren't required, however, if you can afford them, it won't hurt (pun intended) to wear them.

There's one thing that no one tells you to wear to work on your first day as a Package Handler: GLOVES.
Buy the grippy kind. YOU WILL NEED THEM !

Dress in layers, and don't wear anything you don't want ruined.

What are the best gloves? I wear through mine within 2 weeks