Workhorse P7 with Vortec 6000

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Any one else get to drive one of these?
My hub just got a few of these to replace the older leaky Freightliner diesel P7s.

325hp with 365 lb.- ft. of torque. Its quiet, drives like a muscle car, has a multi leaf suspension, and a killer turning radius. My old Freightliner had no suspension to speak of, turned like a 747, had no guts whatsoever, and was deafeningly loud. I like this upgrade much better than when I stepped up from an old p400 to a "car of the future" p500.

brett636

We've got a few of those, and they are a blast to drive. Tons of torque as it feels like the rear tires are going to break loose when you hit the gas. One thing I have noticed about them is it seems all of them have a signature belt squeal, and the steering isn't as tight as I would like. I am not going to complain though as they are the best cars in our fleet as far as I am concerned.

brownrodster

Any one else get to drive one of these?
My hub just got a few of these to replace the older leaky Freightliner diesel P7s..

We've got several different versions of new P7's in my center. Each one I've driven is very nice. We've got some new P5's that are like race cars and can turn around in the tighest areas without backing.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Are these single rear ends or dualies?

They are dualies with a small block Chevy V8. The diesels I believe are an emission issue for Ca. We did get some of the Mercedes turbo diesel 4 cylinders a couple years ago but they just don't have any power for towing TP60s. We also have had all of our P500 routes replaced with the P57s all of those are single rear ends but they come in both the diesel and gas versions---the gas versions are by far the p57 of choice.