Working overtime

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I would be willing to give a paycheck to see your face on Jan 16th when you come in and see your dispatch!

As for the " hired as regular drivers," and, "can't all be out on lay-off."......what :censored2:ing rock have you been living under the last 10 years?!?!?!?!
Not sure what rock you’ve been working under but my building hasn’t had a lay-off in over 10 years.

542thruNthru

Not sure what rock you’ve been working under but my building hasn’t had a lay-off in over 10 years.

Same. We haven't had a layoff since the recession. Again this shows how different it is everywhere. Local rules (language) also make it difficult for layoffs.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Same. We haven't had a layoff since the recession.

My first knee jerk reaction was incredulity!

I think both of you and I are speaking about 2 different groups of employees! Preload and Twilight may not have layoffs as they can work everyone hard as hell then cut'em loose when the flow drops.

For the drivers, esp with the SPC metric the last 5+ years you pretty much need layoffs most days of the week, for the simple reason you inevitability have someone call in for themselves, their kids or their wife/husband. Without layoffs you would end up with a route sitting in the building everyday you have an unexpected number of call-ins!

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
My first knee jerk reaction was incredulity!

I think both of you and I are speaking about 2 different groups of employees! Preload and Twilight may not have layoffs as they can work everyone hard as hell then cut'em loose when the flow drops.

For the drivers, esp with the SPC metric the last 5+ years you pretty much need layoffs most days of the week, for the simple reason you inevitability have someone call in for themselves, their kids or their wife/husband. Without layoffs you would end up with a route sitting in the building everyday you have an unexpected number of call-ins!
This is some serious chibberish.....don’t try to rationalize your comment with nonsense. A Lay-off is in no way comparable to an RTO.

Once again....we haven’t had “lay-offs” of any magnitude in well over 10 years. Probably longer but I’m keeping it simple.

F

Frankie's Friend

For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it! Yea, I know some of my fellow posters talk about living beyond your means but the fact is that there are many of us fellow drivers that want to or need to work as much as we can possibly can. We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair! Management when they did away with the pensions for all management employees at least gave them a five year window so they could plan for their future, the same window should be given to us as well! We need to make an issue of this now and file as many grievances as you can to make light of the situation! Some of you I know have know choice but to work as much you can, stick up for your selfs!
Our management said they can go over 9.5 daily with 10% of the total drivers dispatched.
If this is true everywhere why dont you ask your management if you can be in that 10% group consistantly? Explain your child care issue. Sometimes its easier to make them understand when you personally explain it to them in private.
JMHO

Skooney

Ya'll can have that :censored2:. I've been 9.2 or less for the last 2 weeks and it's perfect. Company doesn't owe you anything, stop begging. 4 1/2 more years, and I hope it's even less than what it is now for all of it.