Working overtime

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
95A24186-4853-4E6F-A515-6314FCC34793.gif

vvv

For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it! Yea, I know some of my fellow posters talk about living beyond your means but the fact is that there are many of us fellow drivers that want to or need to work as much as we can possibly can. We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair! Management when they did away with the pensions for all management employees at least gave them a five year window so they could plan for their future, the same window should be given to us as well! We need to make an issue of this now and file as many grievances as you can to make light of the situation! Some of you I know have know choice but to work as much you can, stick up for your selfs!

You are out of your mind. OT and the money is nice, but I would rather have less and enjoy my free time.
Funny post though and it's out of your control no matter how many crybaby grievances you want to file.
They will laugh in your face as OT is not and never was a contractual topic in regards to having it promised to us.

Sincerely yours.....the King of RLO's. :) :)

imwell

I'm as productive as the methods allow.
… We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair!...

You're an Adult, right?
Have kids, pay child support?

You should have already discovered that Life IS NOT fair.
Please raise and teach your kids to become Strong, Independent, Problem Solving individuals in this world.

Teach them that Life WILL throw Several "unfair" situations and circumstances their direction throughout life.
Teach them how to handle (solve?) those times with maturity, professionalism, and discernment.

Crying: "It's not fair" is NOT the answer.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
sketch-1542802355886.png

Just be happy you're not working for salary pay... that's how subcontractors of FXG bend us over with no lube!

WorkingAsDirected

For every UPS driver that has been working overtime for the past 20 to 40 years and have had it instantly taken away from you, needs to start being very vocal to the company and the union about it! Yea, I know some of my fellow posters talk about living beyond your means but the fact is that there are many of us fellow drivers that want to or need to work as much as we can possibly can. We have been given overtime for as long as I have been employed here and to take it away instantly is not fair! Management when they did away with the pensions for all management employees at least gave them a five year window so they could plan for their future, the same window should be given to us as well! We need to make an issue of this now and file as many grievances as you can to make light of the situation! Some of you I know have know choice but to work as much you can, stick up for your selfs!
im-old-gimme-gimme-gimme.jpg

tacken

Give me 9 hrs a day all is good! Great customer service provided. You want to be a slug and get OT fine . Just never ask for help just keep slugging away.

CoolStoryBro

Nope I'm good. The people that want 12 hours a day are a small percentage. If you want more money do what PT employees do and get a second job.

I hired on with UPS because of the promised overtime. 10 hours per day / 50 hours per week is perfect for me. But I absolutely agree. The company can dispatch however they want. I can get a second job or create a business with the extra time they are giving me. (saturday job only to comply with DOT rules)

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
at 2 hours a day for a top scale driver, that's $500 a week. $25,000 a year in lost income. like 25% to 30%. figure somewhere around $350 take home a week. how many part time jobs, side jobs or home business' (that you have time for) with net you 350 bucks a week? yeah yeah i know "live within your means" or "overtime is gravy and should not be counted on" but damn! this is a huge financial loss to guys for a lot of reasons especially those in high cost of living areas. so now we go from excessive stress over long hours in some peoples worlds to excessive stress over failure to be able to pay bills in another mans world. all the while making fun of one another for assumed poor money management skills

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Enough of this crap folks! The company, for as long as I have been here, has always jammed the trucks full and run the fewest routes possible. They will go right back to doing this. Its like everything at UPS:

Flavor of the month! Just like 1 month its the number of backs. Once the new FOTM comes around you wont hear squat about backs 'till next year.

SPC has been ingrained into management's DNA. We'll be right back to it after January 15th.

burco8080

UPS is becoming more like the UPS i started with 24 years ago we have enough drivers and routes to get the job done and have time with family and friends, co workers are smiling more, and less bitching.Damn i love this company again!!

a911scanner

You OT complainers are goofy. When is the last time you asked dispatch if there was anything extra you could do and they said "Nothing to help with"?

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
In general routes are being dispatched below 9 hours a day.....there is work available but it’s minimal.

I agree with all perspectives.....my body loves the new UPS along with the customers. With that said if you’re a driver who had worked OT out of necessity I see your concerns.

Guys are still getting hours but they’re definitely the minority....kind of like what the 5 o’clock guys use to be. Had a driver come in and tell the On Car that he needed 30 more stops cause now he’s stuck in 5 o’clock traffic. Sup’s response was that we are running a lot of routes and drivers and they need work too.

That’s the fact that we will really see come January 15th. Most drivers have all been hired as regular drivers not peak hires and they can’t all be out on lay-off while we’re putting in 12 hour days.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
That’s the fact that we will really see come January 15th. Most drivers have all been hired as regular drivers not peak hires and they can’t all be out on lay-off while we’re putting in 12 hour days.

I would be willing to give a paycheck to see your face on Jan 16th when you come in and see your dispatch!

As for the " hired as regular drivers," and, "can't all be out on lay-off."......what :censored2:ing rock have you been living under the last 10 years?!?!?!?!