World Series

L

local804

Peacock,
Boston has the talent for sure.They built a powerful team with an outstanding line-up just to go head to head against the Yankees.Mueller,Ramirez,and Garciaparra led the AL with batting and Pedro led the AL with his era and strikeouts.I also think as a team, the batting average led the AL also_On paper, the RedSox should have opened a can of whoopass on the Yankees.Add the team leadership of Jeter, and the experiance of Bernie,Wells,Mariano and Clemens in the playoffs and you have problems.There is magic in the air at Yankee Stadium and if you never been there to feel it during a playoff game, you dont know what your missing.What are the Marlins going to do when Soriano,Bernie, and Giambi wake up????????????????

F

feederdryver

I hate both the Yankees and the Fish. But I will root for the Fish this time. (even though they beat my Indians in '97)

I was really hoping for something "different", like a Cubs/ Red Sox World Series.
But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
gotta have Steinbrenner and his overrated Bronx Bloopers stick their nose in yet "another" World Series.
It's amazing what a lot of money can buy.

GO SARDINES !!!!!

P

peacock71

THe Yankees Win! Again....

Go UPS!
Go Yanks!
P71
cheers.gif

B

brown39

The YANKEES WIN, the YANKEES WIN, the YANKEES WIN...enough said. All you boston, cub, fish fans...get ready, so long..It is WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR time...AGAIN.

P

peacock71

Stayed up too late last night, thought the yanks would pull it out. After inning 1, Clemons was pretty good, but when Weaver came in, it was only a matter of time....

Let's get 'em tonight!
Go Yanks!
Go UPS!
P71
blagube.gif

B

brown39

Weaver is a former Yankee already !!!! Someone needs to whack Soriano with a bat, wake him up. Nice record (SO's) he has now...BOSTON (Still) SUCKS. Best of three now, we have no problem, its in the bag, another flag coming to fly over the stadium, with or without Soriano.

W

wkmac

Tip of the hat to the Fish Fans. All class giving Clemens a standing O' and curtain call. He deserved both in his last appearance and you guys came through with flying colors.

Nice Job Guys and Gals!

P

peacock71

Yanks need help. They looked like an old team last night. But any way...'We got 'em right where we want them.'

Go Yanks!
Go UPS!
P71
New Pinch hitter Sat...

P

peacock71

Maybe we need the whole 1927 Yankee Team.....

Go UPS!
Go Yanks!
P71

T

tieguy

Great team. One of the players is Urban Shocker? Love to hear the story behind that name.

F

feederdryver

Mascot- Eddie Bennet

OK.... now this rascal looks like he stepped in front of a few Babe Ruth practice swings.
Makes me sore just looking at him.
Now we know why they started putting costumes on these jokers.
Sheesh !

Go Tribe in 2005 !!
(yeah, that means it's gonna take another year for them to get their sh** together!)
But we'll be back.. so look out Bloopers !!

Congrats to Clemens !!
Wonderful career... (see ya in game 7 I bet !)

P

proups

804: good luck this weekend....the Yanks need it. The Fish are looking good.

Who would have thought a wild card team would beat all of the division champs to get where they are now?

P

proups

804: somebody broke your "lock of the season." Too bad.

That Beckett kid looked great. He told McKeon to give him the ball and he would win. What a story - the first complete game shutout since Randy Johnson did it in 2001 - and at Yankee Stadium to boot. Babe Ruth just rolled over in his grave.

L

local804

Yes, the lock of the year was a fluke(no pun).I dont hink The Babe is rolling over though.He is still laughing his butt off over the Boston series.The curse of the Babmino still lives.