Worldport pay rates are going up!

Satuirus2000

Nope it's true. Nights going to $18.50 and days is $16.50. Saw the Pcm about it. I know a lot of people are pissed but this was needed. Turnover here is atrocious and the company has gotten away with subpar wages for far too long. With a new slate running, maybe a catch up wage can be part of the negotiations next contract, especially now that the 2/3rds rule is gone. That is the only thing that is going to assuage the senior employees who feel they are getting screwed.

542thruNthru

Nope it's true. Nights going to $18.50 and days is $16.50. Saw the Pcm about it. I know a lot of people are pissed but this was needed. Turnover here is atrocious and the company has gotten away with subpar wages for far too long. With a new slate running, maybe a catch up wage can be part of the negotiations next contract, especially now that the 2/3rds rule is gone. That is the only thing that is going to assuage the senior employees who feel they are getting screwed.
It's local 89... They'll get boned like they always do.

nWo

Everyone says 22.4 is a bad deal because it's the same work for less money. But when the starting rate goes up people flip out because new hires should be making a lot less for some reason. I don't follow the logic.

542thruNthru

Everyone says 22.4 is a bad deal because it's the same work for less money. But when the starting rate goes up people flip out because new hires should be making a lot less for some reason. I don't follow the logic.
Because it's a new concept to PTers. Drivers are used to new guys coming in and jumping up to their rate after a certain time.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Because it's a new concept to PTers. Drivers are used to new guys coming in and jumping up to their rate after a certain time.
Different subject but
Just got done looking at your boys website
Way to many Hoffa appointees and hangers on to gain any real traction
If he won it would be Hoffa 2.0 and nobody wants that
JMO

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
used to be the union way. Work for 30 days and make what someone there 30 years makes.

It honestly could be a legit way to deal with PT pay rates. A short progression to a full scale rate

PT Car Washer

Manager told us that we might see new hires at 20 dollars hourly by peak
Surprised you haven't seen $20/hr now. Would everyone make a $20/hr minimum or just new hires? Our new minimum is $17/hr for everyone and while it does bring in a lot of new faces they still don't stay long. A couple days or a week maybe. The job sucks.