Worst day of winter...

What'dyabringmetoday???

Hang pillowcases over mirrors and hope for the best. Seriously- had my share of fun with doubles but never had the opportunity to experience triples. (Uh, trailers that is. Lol?)

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
That's about all you guys run in OK, isn't it? I did a run down to Tulsa and that was all I saw coming out of there. And most of them were only going 100 to 150 miles.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
For tandems, triples aren't allowed in all of New York and New England. Doubles have weird restrictions in Mass and CT made doubles illegal in 1930 then when the federal government told all the states they had to allow doubles with the Federal Surface Transportation Assistance Act of 1982, CT said screw you and again reaffirmed the ban on doubles. DoT brought CT to court and won.

greengrenades

To be the man, you gotta beat the man.
It's an old Mack in my Avatar but a International I've been driving for the last year in the pic from last nite....
I see, I thought it was the same picture. Seriously though screw triples, they gave me a garbage lng KW tonight and I'd lose about 30 going up hills.

brown67

No triples in the snow here in Colorado. Dispatch will ask, but you can just turn them down. Never pressured to take them in bad weather. We do a lot of double 45's here. A lot nicer than triples since they don't wiggle down the highway. Pain in the :censored2: to turn. Have to have a lot of room, but so much better on the road. Double 45's are considered LCV's here so we don't have to pull them in bad weather either.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I pull trips too. 474 miles a night. just don't look in the mirrors, ha ha.

I put extra grease on the dollies so it pulls straight and easy. I have a mack so its slow going up hills. run 75 in Nevada which makes the miles go by fast.

in chain conditions we are allowed to drop 3rd trailer. doesn't happen too often where we go. its fun. you make an extra 35 BIG cents an hour woohoo!!!