Worst "Racist" commercial run during the Superbowl! Unbelievable.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Concealed within his fortress, the lord of Mordor sees all. His gaze pierces cloud, shadow, earth, and flesh. You know of what I speak, Gandalf: a great Eye, lidless, wreathed in flame."—Saruman

bbsam

Staff member
I'm "offended" cause it looks like the Bermuda Triangle. I'll explain if I need to, but it's a mysterious place that has a strange control over men.
that's fine, but don't put your manhood in the Mouth of Sauron. (If I knew how to post pictures, you would understand.)

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
that's fine, but don't put your manhood in the Mouth of Sauron. (If I knew how to post pictures, you would understand.)

I do understand. If I could post a picture of a zeppelin entering the Bermuda Triangle ( in a rainstorm), we'd all be enlightened.

During sundays Superbowl, another Ad that ran is getting some serious attention. Former republican congressman Pete Hoekstra ran an AD mocking democratic candidate Debbie Stabnow and used a chinese girl on a bicycle speaking with a heavy chinese accent.

Listen for yourself first.
<snip>

This is the kind of RACIST ideals that some republicans think pass for intelligent. The ad is clearly racist and demeaning. The Ad was constructed by the same person who made the "IM NOT A WITCH" commercial for that other idiot Christine Odonnell.

Its a sad time in America, when candidates take to this type of messaging to win elected office.

Peace.

TOS
If this reply had come form someone other that you, I might agree. However your narrow mindedness won't allow you to understand the total content of the message, because it is from a republican. Your anit-republican rants are infamous here.

Let me explain this to you. The woman was portraying a citizen of China, not mocking Americans with Chinese ancestry. How would you expect a woman in China to sound like when speaking English? I sure wouldn't expect someone speaking perfect English. So, your "republicans are all racist" card is a huge fail.

brett636

If this reply had come form someone other that you, I might agree. However your narrow mindedness won't allow you to understand the total content of the message, because it is from a republican. Your anit-republican rants are infamous here.

Let me explain this to you. The woman was portraying a citizen of China, not mocking Americans with Chinese ancestry. How would you expect a woman in China to sound like when speaking English? I sure wouldn't expect someone speaking perfect English. So, your "republicans are all racist" card is a huge fail.

You make some excellent points here, but keep in mind the type of person you are arguing with. TOS has not challenged the merits of the ad because such a challenge requires thought processes nearly extinct in her political world. These thought process include, but are not limited to, logic, fact finding, and rational thought. In fact challenging the merits of the ad are impossible for the leftists because they are based in those very same ideals and would only expose the democrat for the nation destroying puke he really is.

The term "racist" has been used so much over the last 3-4 years that it has lost all meaning among those of us who consider ourselves republican or independent. It is now only good to help rile up homogenous ideologues of the left and get them chanting like a group of chimpanzees in a cage when one starts to scream wildly and pull on the bars the others join in and do the same. Only the majority of the people are the spectators standing outside the cage simply watching such a ruckus as a form of entertainment and nothing more. The chimpanzees are the leftists, and the cage is their ideals and is a representation of where it has put them. Pay no mind to what TOS or others with similar thoughts say on this matter because they have no basis for their claims. Its simply a diversion to take the spotlight off the real issue highlighted by the real purpose behind the ad.

island1fox

brett,

Do you mean put the focus on the humour--call it racist -and take away from the message of TAX and SPEND ?? I would agree--many are "race card" weary. Like chicken little running around yelling the sky is falling or the boy who cried "wolfe" once too often. This "strategy" will unfortunately give cover for real racists !!

You make some excellent points here, but keep in mind the type of person you are arguing with. TOS has not challenged the merits of the ad because such a challenge requires thought processes nearly extinct in her political world. These thought process include, but are not limited to, logic, fact finding, and rational thought. In fact challenging the merits of the ad are impossible for the leftists because they are based in those very same ideals and would only expose the democrat for the nation destroying puke he really is.

The term "racist" has been used so much over the last 3-4 years that it has lost all meaning among those of us who consider ourselves republican or independent. It is now only good to help rile up homogenous ideologues of the left and get them chanting like a group of chimpanzees in a cage when one starts to scream wildly and pull on the bars the others join in and do the same. Only the majority of the people are the spectators standing outside the cage simply watching such a ruckus as a form of entertainment and nothing more. The chimpanzees are the leftists, and the cage is their ideals and is a representation of where it has put them. Pay no mind to what TOS or others with similar thoughts say on this matter because they have no basis for their claims. Its simply a diversion to take the spotlight off the real issue highlighted by the real purpose behind the ad.

That is why I felt the need to point out the obvious to him. HE surely wouldn't see it on his own, he's been taught to seize every opportunity to use the card again and again.
The main reason he didn't address the actual subject of the video is because Bill Maher has given him the script yet.

bbsam

Staff member
Next commercial can be an hispanic guy with a sombrero and a thick accent thanking America for leaving the border open and giving him a chance at the American dream. Nothing racist there either, right?

Maybe a black guy slapping around a white girl and telling her to be a good baby-mama and get down to the welfare office for the check. And after shoving her out the front door, he can turn to the camera, flash his gold dental work and thank President Obama for representin' and keeping the welfare state goin' strong.

Finally, right wing fold stepping out from behind the shield of political correctness and saying what they really think. Priceless!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Next commercial can be an hispanic guy with a sombrero and a thick accent thanking America for leaving the border open and giving him a chance at the American dream. Nothing racist there either, right?

Maybe a black guy slapping around a white girl and telling her to be a good baby-mama and get down to the welfare office for the check.

Finally, right wing fold stepping out from behind the shield of political correctness and saying what they really think. Priceless!

In your second scenario......I saw a much different situation.....and not a fantasy one........my niece (white girl) married to black guy who beat the crap out of her and the kids all the time.
She shot him in the head while he slept.....the jerk lived and she spent 4 years in prison. You think he's beating those white girls still? huh?

bbsam

Staff member
In your second scenario......I saw a much different situation.....and not a fantasy one........my niece (white girl) married to black guy who beat the crap out of her and the kids all the time.
She shot him in the head while he slept.....the jerk lived and she spent 4 years in prison. You think he's beating those white girls still? huh?
C'mon, moreluck. It's just a joke. Really. Making fun of other people is fun, isn't it?

bbsam

Staff member
Or, maybe, just maybe, when it starts to hit close to home we actually start to see how funny it isn't.