Would someone who works at UPS over 10+ yeats and hates it..

El Correcto

god is dead
I'm over the halfway mark for a decade here. I just like how quickly the time goes by, a fourteen hour ups day is over before you know it. Also not having a traditional work place atmosphere is nice. You are not constantly dealing with office place gossip and drama unless you go looking for it.

I'm on page seven and still stuck on the fact that you guys can budget 1k a week. You must not be in california lol although none of you care I'm young so let me know if this is a good idea. i plan to buy a multifamily as my first home and get into real estate investing (while putting money in 401 and stocks of course) so by time i retire i hope to have atleast like 5-10 properties and live off my retirement and rental income. ill definitely have to buy out of state though.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm on page seven and still stuck on the fact that you guys can budget 1k a week. You must not be in california lol although none of you care I'm young so let me know if this is a good idea. i plan to buy a multifamily as my first home and get into real estate investing (while putting money in 401 and stocks of course) so by time i retire i hope to have atleast like 5-10 properties and live off my retirement and rental income. ill definitely have to buy out of state though.

Buying out of state would require someone to manage the property, which would be an additional expense.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What about saving and investing the money you would use to buy the property. Then when it comes time to retire just pay cash for a rental property or two.

If you're going to stay in California I guess it doesn't really matter but if you could move to a cheaper state in retirement do that and buy the property where you move to so that you can manage it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
It can be done
Although I prefer to buy cheap fixem up and selll
Renters can be a pain in the a z z

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
sounds like a good plan.

the best thing to do is find a mentor. someone that is doing successfully what you want to do and then let them teach you how to do it . better than learning from a book or a class in college.

we had several feeder drivers that have rental properties . one driver only had a couple. he only wanted to make enough to pay his mortgage. another had 7 and he is only in his twenties. does all the repairs and managing himself. probably a millionaire by now. he really hustles and loves what he does.

my grandparents started with a duplex. let the other half pay for their half. raised 7 children and had a full happy life on other peoples money and the money my grandfather made was used for other investments. back in the old days this was very common.

have you read the Rich Dad Poor Dad books? these will give you some good ideas. but once again learning from a mentor would be the way to go.

Dr.Brownz

Our old steward did this. The guy is a multi millionaire and retired at 49